Selling ammo, where to start.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Oct 4, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If you can't let any go then you're an amateur and clearly don't have nearly enough.
    If you don't reload, then you fucked up, you fucked up bad and there's no hope for you.
    For me, it's time to sell. There's 5 million new gun owners out there and they have no idea they're getting water boarded.
    So far I can say sell lots of at least 300 rounds of common stuff like 45, 9mm, 380, 223. Lots of 500 is good, lots of 1,000 almost too much.
    For 22LR the bigger the lot the better. At least 500, a thousand or a few thousand is better.
    Smaller lots of weird stuff like 5.7x28 seem to be ok, at least 150 rounds per auction.
    You can sell brass too, sell brass like 22LR. It can go USPS so that helps.
    Self defense pistol ammo is hot. Lame bulk HP ammo goes for a dollar per round easy. Premium self defense ammo is on fire, they'll go straight to a dollar per round and up from there depending on what it is.
    Ship UPS from a hub for live ammo. "The UPS store" is stupid they don't want hazmat. I can ship a few hundred rounds of 9mm to most of the country for under $15.
    Don't sell reloaded ammo unless you at least have a class 6 FFL.
    I don't have much factory self defense ammo, I usually would buy FMJ range ammo then reload it as dirt cheap cast lead or fancy self defense ammo.
    Just remember, you have a month.
    My wife is tickled pink I am selling ammo, I don't know any other way to do that and get paid for it. Usually achieving that costs money.

Lessons learned, buy more self defense ammo. I'll try to catch it on sale at cheaper than dirt, midway or at a physical location national chain store.
    Buying it at MSRP, sitting on it till an election year juat doesn't interest me as much.

SB21 likes this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Was this " click bait " ???
    I clicked on this thread hoping to see some prices ,,,,,,, :ROFLMAO:

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If I'm selling you better not be buying.
    I'm not going to screw anyone on the forum over that hard.

Altoidfishfins, SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I Don't Need, but always looking, ya never know! I got enough to keep me in reloads till rapture, but damn, that's a lot of work while i'm fat and lazy! LOL
    If you were to offer up some nice quality .308 in a 165 gr hunting type load, I know some monkeys who might be in need and too proud to ask, so I will ask for them! They should also know, if the need gets dire enough, all they have to do is show up at my door and I will hand them what they need!

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't have any 308.
    I think 308 can still be had for some what reasonable prices.

Ura-Ki and sec_monkey like this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

SMH im still wondering what the point of this post was??

7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Or, if you are selling ammo, you are screwing up and there is no hope for you. I guess money is more important to some.
    If you're still buying, ouch, but at least you recognize the potential need, painful as it is.

I could sell, but I won't. JMHO

8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Ammo is better than money. My box of .45acp that I paid $25.00 for is now worth at least $50.00. The only way I would sell would be if I could buyback at the old price. A gun is worthless without ammo. I wish I had more ammo now with the way our country is headed,I think we are going to need more ammo soon.
    [flag]MAGA. [flag]

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

A sucker is born every minute. If you don't take advantage of them, some one else will.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

If you can find it. I looked locally just for Shits & Giggles (don't need any unless Ura-Ki is handing some out) and found only a couple boxes of super-premium $2+ on up per round hunting stuff. This is in a big box store (Sportsman's Warehouse). Shelves are bare. Yeah, not my first rodeo with this situation either. It's one of the few life lessons that I learned the first time.

Didn't check any other local stores. I can make my own if need be with a choice of traditional copper jacketed in a few different weights or Barnes all copper hollow point lead free. Not going hunting this year (unless SHTF) so really don't need much.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If I resold all factory 45acp ammo I would still be able to fill a few 50 caliber ammo cans with reloads. Then I still have a crap load of .451'' projectiles, pounds of unique (each pound loads around 1,000) and tons of large primers.
    I have so much 45acp it's a travesty on my part that I only have one 45acp gun.

Altoidfishfins and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

.45 ACP makes for easy math with Unique. I load a bit lighter for Webley and Colt revolvers, and have found it'll still cycle all my 1911's just fine.

+1 on reloading and bullet casting. That ship has sailed. That kind of self sufficiency makes times like this much easier.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

IMG_0176.JPG

wideym, Brokor, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  14. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Just a bunch of hot air bragging.
    Probably the least useful post I've seen since being a member here.

TnAndy, 3M-TA3, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Same boat here...lol
    You got that right pop's 100%

Mountainman, Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's like selling all that silver. Not sorry. I'm really glad I did it.
    Spoken like someone who has found them selves lacking.
    I'll roll those dice.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I must've posted something even less useful than this. You must've missed it. ;)

I tend to agree with the karma bit on several fronts, but I'm a dedicated hoarder.

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

And what's stopping you from joining in?
    $peaking of bragging I sold over $600 today. Still had the price tag on it, paid a little over $200 for it.

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's a deliberate attempt at finding out how easy the ignore button can be. Or not
    (No particular point to this post, either.)

Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  20. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

My wife thought I was a hoarder.
    What she doesn't know is I'm going to have 3 to 4 times as much ammo for 2024, do it all again have, 10 to 12x as much for 2028.

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7