Selling ammo, where to start.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Oct 4, 2020.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yes they do go out to public places and canvas Ammunition Sellers, undercover... Seen it happen... Same guy that inspected my Class 6 Biz, years back, when I was an Ammo OEM, was walking around the Puckallup Gun Show in civies, looking at venders tables, with Ammo for sale... Spotted his .Gov car in the parking lot... Back in those days BATFE was a Treasury Agency and collected Revenues just like they do now, for the Justice Department, instead of Treasury after the reorganization in 2001...

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Sounds like you're accusing them of doing good police work.

3. BTPost

I am NOT accusing them of anything... Just stating FACTS, and how this Federal Agency operates....

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Note to self...Remove license plate before pulling into a gun show parking lot.....

Mountainman likes this.
  5. BTPost

Note to @Gator 45/70 Remove License Plate After arriving at Parking lot at Gun Show, as driving on Public Streets without a valid vehicle License Plate is a Violation in ALL 50 States... Just check’en...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Park at a nearby McDonald's or bk and walk.

Mountainman, Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well the ammo I said that I wasn't going to sell, that 2020 made winchester 9 pellet 00 buckshot. I put 100 on there for what I paid for it, plus gun broker fees plus $20 and buyer pays shipping not expecting it to get any bids. Well the first one got bids right away, so I put another 100 on there, it got bids, got another 100 at walmart tonight and will put it on there too.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Not as much ammo as you'd think.
    Also not counting side deals where "hey I found more boxs after this got bid on, ya want it too" side deals.
    Well I went through everything and there are no whole boxes of factory 44mag ammo, the closest I got is a box of winchester white box with 46 rounds in it I don't know why I only popped off 4 rounds but I did. Got 2 different full boxes of factory 44spl, not really sellable imo.
    Screenshot_2020-11-02-03-37-42.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

[fnny] paper money, losing buying power every second.

TnAndy and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Its surprising what boolits can be traded for....lol

VisuTrac likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm just glad I went into this with enough to share.
    In a year to year and a half I will replace what I sold with at least 4x as much and probably do it all again in 2024.
    Major Change will be I'll add some cases of primers to the mix. Since I will hopefully be able to buy a 5k pack for $150 to $200, they don't take up much room and resell them for double or triple that.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The 410 "defensive ammo" is getting ridiculous.
    I don't have a 410 repeater so no point in having a ton of fancy ammo for it.
    I'm good with a small contingency of 3 inch buckshot and slugs.
    Maybe get motivation to load for it. Buy a 7.62x54commie shell holder, a marlin triple 4 sizing die and some once fired 3 inch shells and make stuff happen.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Ok I got my marlin triple 4 sizer die and rpk shell holder both used for about $20 total. So I can potentially manufacture 410 ammo.

Well I sold some full boxes of factory 30-30 ammo because I noticed all the 30-30 ammo was sold out at the store. I figured I would get about what I paid for them.
    Nope. Quite a bit more.
    30-30 was the first centerfire rifle I loaded for so I got a crap ton of reloads. Rando boxes of factory ammo is unimportant to my 30-30 ammo ambitions.
    I guess the non gun people that only ever had grandpas or dads 30-30 that they inherited are realizing they should have bought ammo...
    I put my partial boxes I wasn't going to sell because I didn't think people would buy them on there and they are getting bids.

I found 2 partial boxes of factory 44 mag and a full box of 44 special ammo I guess I should put those on too.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Ammo is going to be in short supply for awhile,it’s best not to sell now. One auction I looked at had a bid of $100.00 a boxes of twenty .30-30,that’s crazy. If Biden gets in now would be a good time to shut down the ammo supply while everybody is short. If that were to happen ammo would be worth more than gold by weight. I’m trying to keep what I have left. I did trade four boxes of 9mm for four boxes of .32 sw long
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Jesus.....Buying used ammo on here is like buying a used condom.....

But,But...All you gotta do is flip it inside out...One side is still good.....?

magicfingers likes this.
  16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Consolidated my firearms and ammo to 22LR, 9mm, 5.56, 308, and 12 gauge after Trump won four years ago. Any surplus I have is for unprepared close relatives and other loved ones, or for community defense if it gets there. Nothing for sale, not even the Remington Thunderbolt, LOL.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'll take what I can get for it now.
    Use that money to fund other projects.

Used ammo is shells or reloads. I can't and don't sell reloads for at least several reasons.

Remington thunderbolt is going up for sale this week or next. It's trash ammo and clogs up my silencers with lead and unburned powder. I'm better off with out it. I would be good with selling a brick of that and being able to buy a few boxes of cci minimag.
    Remington subsonic is not much better but the greatly reduced level of sound is worth the increased crud.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well I sold all my fancy 410 ammo, about 130 rounds of 2.5'' PDX1 stuff and 25 rounds of 3 inch 000 buck. For in excess of $400.
    Then I realized I missed my 410 ammo. Not really.
    So I got on ballistic products dot com and got 200 primed shells and 500 wads for about $40. So I get enough ammo, enough wads to reload all at least once and pocket $350+. That's a win, win, win.
    Also picked up some 0000 (yes 4 ohs, thats 0.38 inches) buckshot for reasons, 2 styles of gas seal 12ga wads to make some 12ga 000 buck shells and more lead BBs because lead BBs are just evil.
    Have plenty of 000 buck shot and H110 to load 410s with.
    I was thinking about doing marlin 444 shot gun shells but marlin 444 shells are up to $1 each, are only 2.25'' long, why when when primed 2.5'' 410 shells can be had for less than 15 cents each? So yeah.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Those 444 cases won't work in all shotguns,You may want to test a few first before doing a bulk buy..?

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Magtech sells 410 2.5 inch shells that take a large pistol primer + these are brass

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7