Selling ammo, where to start.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Oct 4, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The 7.62x54r must have gotten a lot more popular.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah baby,The Bulgarian stuff is AP,Who let that in???

VisuTrac likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There's some of it in the ammo chest. Came in back in about 05, acquired it in Virginia at a gun show.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Price of gold is down. What about trading ammo for gold? What do you think? Ammo is going to keep going up. Who would have thought .38 special would be as high as it is now. Very little ammo on the market now,so up,up it goes.
    .32hr mag,.32-20,.38 special,.357 mag,41 mag,.44 special,44mag,.45 colt,.45 acp are all pushing $1.00 a rd now. All center fire rifle ammo is $3.00 rd if not more. I will move some when .44 mag goes over $100.00 box of fifty.:cautious:
    [flag][flag][flag]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well I do have some patrial boxes of 44 mag and a full box of 44spl factory ammo I could sell.

Who the hell is buying ammo right now?
    I was assuming it's new gun owners and fuds (people who think 2A only protects "sporting use" guns, not AR15s and gun owners who think 100 rounds is "a lot of ammo").

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

My first and last 44 auctions are doing good. The partial boxes of 44mag went straight to $0.75 cents a round, the 44spl went to 50 cents a round and the mixed 410 buckshot went to $1 per shot almost as soon as I listed them.
    Normally I don't get bids until about 5 to 7 days from close.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

You had better hold on to your ammo,do not sell. I have a feeling you are going to need every round. If somehow the gov gets hold of the ammo company’s and shuts them what would the price then be? Biden price? Marital law? Civil war? Inflation kicks in?When all the rioting begins this summer we are going to need all we have and more. There are more reasons not to sell than there are to sell.
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I sold maybe 100 rounds of walmart 30-30 that's good for 50 to 100 yards, brought it back as a keg of lever evolution powder and 100 to 200 FTX bullets with a BC of .33,
    . Then add some large primers I already have, empty 30-30s I found digging through my stuff and I'll have 200+ yard rifle.
    The factory ammo I had is more of a hindrance.
    The 30-30 reloads I have aren't as accurate or far reaching as I would like them to be but damn they hit hard at close range because that's what I needed 20 years ago in maine.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

img (14).

johnbb, ghrit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I scraped together a 30 carbine lot.
    Looks like 30 carbine ammo is going straight to around 70 cents a shot. Don't know how much it's actually ending at. Seems to be plenty of 75 cent and up 30cb ammo.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh man my winchester 12ga buckshot auctions went to $3 a shot with a day left.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. VisuTrac

If you had your Rhodium still, you'd probably not be selling your ammo. You'd already be sitting on a pile of nearly 100k in cash. Ya might actually be retired!
    And shooting all day just to tick off those that can't find ammo. LOL

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah I would.
    I had to sell the rhodium because it was a 5 ounce bars. I didn't think of how easily it could be worth over $10,000. Dealing in $10,000+ transactions puts you on a Flowers By Irene's radar. If I had bought single ounce bars I might still have some or just sold the last of it. And sell it like I sold the silver. Start selling say 10% to 20% at one price, once it hits the second price tier sell 20% more, and so on but if it rockets up to some crazy number blow it all out as fast as you can before the price comes back down.
    Next time I do rhodium I have to start selling the 1oz bars well before it gets crazy high.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. VisuTrac

It's not illegal to own nor make a profit from PMs why sell short.
    the gov't just wants a cut from the profits.
    I think i'd rather pay 30k on 100k vs just selling for 10k and leaving profit on the table.

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That's not a problem I have right now.
    I'm just to the point where I can move a little under 10k in a month and that's plenty. But yeah these price jumps and rallies are short lived. It will be a problem eventually.
    I can always sell to a dealer in cash and take that hit.

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Might be time to start selling reloading supplies.
    First up. AA9 or accurate power number 9, I couldn't sell my soul for a pound of AA9 right now and I have a keg. The last Lb I bought lasted several years because I just don't use it a lot.
    I only wanted a single or 2 Lb but only size available were kegs, so the rest of that storey wrote it's self.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The 410 and 12ga buckshot auctions went for nearly $4 a shot. And they paid for it, with gunbroker pay. Problem is some of the real high ones like this people haven't been paying for them.
    I found some dot mil "CBI" powder at retail price for $192 for 16lb, yes 2 kegs for less than the price of one. The load data that comes with the powder says it loads like Herco.
    Herco is an older power spec. Popular in the 1980s and 1990s but it still checks out.
    I was able to turn fifty 12ga and thirty five 410 shells into 16lb of powder, cover hazmat and shipping, then still had money left over.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I was looking at gun broker and 30 carbine fmj ammo is going for about $1 per shot. So I put mine on there.
    Along with all the 22LR cheap dirty Remington ammo I could scrape together.
    I picked up about 1,200 rounds of winchester and ccI ammo this month so I'll let go about 2,000 rounds of cheap dirty Remington.
    The only Remington I care to hold onto is the subsonics.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I was able to find new winchester 22lr copper plated ammo so I let my old Remington ammo go.
    I'm surprised old golden bullet went for nearly 12 cents a shot. I'll pocket about 11 cents a shot. The premium winchester ammo only cost about 8.25 cents a shot.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is just smart economics, Oil Pan... Buy low, Sell High... Buy New, Sell Old... and live on the difference... Just the Prescription that my father(The Banker) drilled into ALL his children, from birth, till his death.. Live Debt Free, and live on the Banksters money, whenever possible... Just like the smart investers did in the GameStop thing... They caught Wall Street Resident Smartguys doing a shady deal and turned the tables. on them and made a Pile for themselves, while costing the RSGs a few Billion, each... Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of folks....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7