Selling ammo, where to start.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

22 shorts only? Probably a starter pistol or very very old ?

techsar likes this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well my last lot of 30 carbine factory ammo has hit 50 cents a shot which was the target sale price with 3 days left.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

3 days left? Might get to $1.00 a round.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Should Get At Least 70 Cents A Round For FMJ.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm glad you're rich now [lolol]

VisuTrac likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Meh only cleared about 62 cents a round.
    But that gets rid of all the steel and random manufacturer carbine ammo I had.
    I'll use that to pay for most of the 1,000 pack of new armscor primed 30carbine brass I bought a few months back.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Bullets are starting to come back in stock and aren't immediately selling out.
    Also my gun broker auctions aren't going quite as high as they were.

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yean man, Saw several boxes on the shelves passing thru Academy yesterday,Hunting stuff is still kinda rare.

mysterymet likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Must be the lack of "fiery but mostly peaceful protests".

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Yep...got an 1870s Whitneyville .22 short revolver...gotta go with subsonic ammo, too.
    And yes, I have plenty to feed it.

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well I listed some of my newish 5.7x28 keeper factory ammo, but now that I have the gemtech SFN I would rather have home brewed subsonics.
    So I listed them for a low starting price and a nearly $2 per shot buy it now price. And some one bought it now and they selected "gunbrokerpay" so I expect them to promptly pay. I wasn't expecting a buy it now at that price.

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Not sorry, at all.
    Ammo availability is way up, prices coming down.

13. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Dollars obtained in transactions are now worth less than when you obtained them. Especially if you spend the proceeds on food, fuel and/or used cars. ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm not that worried about it. 8 to 25 year old factory ammo just replaced it's self at a 1 for at least 2 ratio. About 1 to 3 if I reload with my brass or mined brass.
    In normal times you can barely give away old ammo.

Primers are starting to come back but they are 2x the price from 3 years ago. Some one I know in Lubbock says they can get primers from 2 or 3 places for $80 a brick out the door. Small rifle and small pistol are hit or miss. I said I don't need them that bad.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

If ammo has been stored right I would have no problem buying 20-25 year old ammo. Ammunition from WW1 still goes BANG! I'm still shooting from a brick of .22 lr from 1985. Even surplus Russian ammo from the 1970s will still be going bang long after we are gone.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

My main concern was the oldest and shot gun and 22lr ammo. All the 22lr I off loaded was the cheap stuff that plugs up my silencers. The shot gun ammo was the shift away from short range scatter gun to much longer range center fire and suppressed rifles.
    Potassium chlorate and lead thiocyanate primers last a very long time. After 70 years they are still nearly 100% reliable.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I found something neat today.
    Winchester 22lr 45gr super surpressed "silencer ammo". It's copper plated, of course.
    About 15 cents a shot, with tax, out the door.
    So sell 3 golden jams, or sell 3 thunder turds that are 8 to 22 years old to buy 2 win supper suppressed made in 2021. Yeah I'm glad I took that deal.
    The thunder turds were definitely at least 20 years old and the golden jams were less than 12 years old.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

22lr is starting to come back.
    I'm not buying cheap lead bullet stuff that plugs up my silencers any more.
    I could buy all the cheap lead bullet ammo I could ever want at a fairly reasonable price, but I'll pass, wait for the good stuff.

19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

How exactly?
    I am still 100% glad I sold my ancient cheap 22lr, random inheritance ammo, factory ammo and reduced the shotgun ammo pile and have more centerfire metallic ammo than I have ever had.
    22LR is starting to come back. I'm buying the good stuff when I see it, leaving the cheap stuff for the unwashed masses.
    I think that deserves an "I told you so".

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I've found most 22 ammo to be dirty
    Have you tried The Dip ?
    50% hydrogen peroxide 50% distilled white vinegar?

Tully Mars likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7