Selling ammo?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oldman11, Jan 13, 2021.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah I'm going to say I'm good.
    I only have 1 kid and probably going to stay at 1.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That's cheap man,I was looking in a locale store yesterday, About 2 bucks a pop for 44mag.Hornday stuff

3. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Do y'all remember when .22 lr was in short supply and the sky was the limit price-wise? That is where we are now with all ammo, and it's gonna stay that way, for at least a year or two....maybe more! Y'all are gonna have to do some things that you might not like #1 If you need ammo, man-up and buy some ammo...whatever it costs! #2 Stop shooting holes in paper targets and beer cans, if you don't know how to shoot by now you're never gonna learn! #3 Stop hunting...you can buy meat cheaper than you can kill it. #4 Let this be a learning experience and always have plenty of ammo!
    I heard from a friend that a local pawn shop was selling .30-30 Win. ammo for $100...for a box of 20 and 9mm ammo is $1 a round!:LOL::cry::eek:o_O, but if you need ammo...

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I found out the hard way that ammo doesn't float very well.
    The ATF is going to require gun owners to take boating safety classes.

johnbb, TnAndy, magicfingers and 2 others like this.
  5. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Don't know about #3 there WB.....one 25 cent round of .223 results in a fair amount of whitetail protein. I can't imagine being able to buy that for a quarter.
    [​IMG]

Same round puts down a 430lb pig for another quarter (dresses out about 265)
    [​IMG]

Or a 1400lb steer (dresses out around 800)
    [​IMG]

6. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Looks like labor is cheap. :lol:

wideym and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. TnAndy

I'm too cheap to pay for labor, if that's what you mean :D

ghrit and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You cut steaks off steers or just hamburger meat?

9. TnAndy

Steaks (like this Porterhouse), roasts, etc. Hamburger is made mostly from trimmings or lesser quality cuts from the front quarters.
    [​IMG]

ghrit, magicfingers and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Good looking beef right there!

TnAndy likes this.
  11. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

After seeing how little ammo is left in the shop, I am reconsidering selling a few thousand rounds of factory ammo since local shops are paying 80 cents a round for .45ACP, .223/5.56, 9mm, 30-30, and other what used to be "common" calibers.

The only thing holding me back is that I really don't need the money for any projects right now as they are all funded, just waiting on stamps. Nothing has piqued my interest lately that I haven't already submitted paperwork for.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Went to Academy today. Not one single round in any caliber or gauge. I mean zero. No black powder supplies; no powder, primers or bullets. No serious archery supplies. In my 70 years I have never seen this. I do t think on hoarding, it’s investment buying. I sleep in peace over a small fortune every night.

oldawg, mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Then the problem is when you need money no one will want second hand ammo unless you are practically giving it away.
    I don't need the money but I do it any way.

14. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

What will be worth more in a barter society when the dollar crashes from government massive over printing --- ammo or worthless paper?

15. TnAndy

Or what is MUCH MORE likely, and has been going on for decades.....simply increasingly worthless paper that is still in use. (we're over a 100 years into that game plan) If we get to the point of a barter only society, we're at the most extreme end of a SHTF world.....odds are, most won't survive it anyway. That kind of social collapse simply means death for most, despite the popularity of it in survival literature.

The govt won't abandon fiat if the dollar collapses, they will simply renew the game with a 'new' dollar....gold backed if they are absolutely forced to do so, but with the ultimate goal of weaning us off any kind of real backing so they could go right back to creating fiat out of nothing, which has proved so successful for them.

I'd never "cash in" anything of real value (food, ammo, gold, silver) unless it has a definite shelf life (2 year old watermelons for example, ain't worth much :D) OR I need the currency of the day to purchase something else because we're NOT a barter society.

To convert real value to paper for a paper 'profit' in a world of declining paper value seems a fool's game to me.

16. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Two year old watermelons have value if they were heirloom and you had processed them for seed. Same could be said for most fruit and produce.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

img - 2021-01-18T151545.386.

johnbb, Gator 45/70 and Mountainman like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I just listed 17 boxes of hunting stuff,Lasted every bit of 15 minutes....

19. TnAndy

Out of curiosity, where did you list it ?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

308,150 and 180 grain
    added,I've been downgrading, Going the way of small zippy stuff

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7