Selling PM, where to start.

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by oil pan 4, Aug 17, 2020.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

With this student loan BS this shows they are capable of anything. Maybe next they will take 10% of our retirement for loosers that couch surfed their entire lives, spent time in prison, made them selves unemployable because of stupid choices.

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

I think there's a strong chance of this. Never would have thought they would hand money to people for poor life decisions, so the chances that they will use responsibles people's savings to pay for d-bags is increasing.

mysterymet, Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Moral of the story is ... if they are handing out your money to others, see how you can get it back or at least get a cut of what you put in.

There is no way I'm going to be getting back what I put into Social Security ... Not even including the idea that my 'Contributions' fully paid for my grandparents and parents SS payments. And that's not even my regular taxes that got sent to any of a number of foreign countries for their 'Support and security'

If they are handing out money ... imma try to figure out how to get it.
    Their game, their rules .. my money.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

What do you mean the changes are increasing, technically they already did. Inflation has already stolen at least 10% of our cash savings in the last 2 years.

mysterymet and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

that is only if you intend to spend your cash on consumable goods. If however, you have cash, and you buy a physical asset as that assets' price gets hammered like people offloading"
    Their summer cottage in the northwoods at a 50 percent discount due to a margin call.
    A 28 foot laker rig with trailer, down riggers, radar and such because they can't afford the gas and you get it for 33 percent pre-pandemic pricing.
    How about buying up a lawn service business lock stock and barrel including customers for like 2 months sales receipts.
    Fire sale on land parcels you say?

If you have not spent your money, it does not necessarily mean you've lost money due to inflation ... it all depends on what you intend to spend the money on.

Distressed assets .. you may actually be making money on the transaction.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I bought a hundred coins for about $2,532, that's shipped, insuranced, with sales tax and signature delivery.
    So I'm up around $10 an ounce.
    Now that it appears ebay is requiring 1099 bullshit my plan will be sell less than $1,200 to $2,400 a year on ebay depending on how many different accounts I can pull off.
    And sell the rest at gun shows.

The stupid democrats are setting us up for another sub prime mortgage melt down. Now banks are offering no down payment home loans to minorities who aren't Asian or native Americans. But home prices were just at an all time high in july, wages have been going down and interest rates going up. This is absolutely designed to fail.
    Not immediately, maybe 5 years or so from now.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Well 2.5 years later and I bought back most of what I sold. No regrets at all. The whole grand total was right around $35 an ounce cleared. Both it back for 24 to $26.
    Meaning I sold 3oz and brought back about 4oz. Yah that's making money.
    Before I probably had silver from 2 dozen mints, probably sold nearly 200 different products of all shapes and sizes. Some things I only had 1 of, others I had over a 100 of. It was much easier to sell the products I had lots of.
    I had so many different things it was hard to even get an idea what it's worth at any given time.
    I replaced all that chaos with 2 sizes, ones and fives, from 3 different mints, 4 different products total.
    I haven't bought any shot or tens or kilos. All the good deals have been on ones and fives lately. Singles are usually the same price or cheaper per ounce than tens.

New idea for off loading silver.
    When I was buying the last few weeks there was a silver "coin collection" being advertised at one of the auction houses. Nothing rare or unusual. Just stuff the big online coin and bullion retailers would have sold over the last 5 to 15 years. Definitely preplandemic. Pressed 1oz bars and coins, poured and pressed fives and tens, no bricks, no apparently rare or historical looking stuff. They weren't selling Roman coins or nazi bullion or anything like that.
    I went there 90% sure I wasn't even going to bid and 99% sure I wasn't going to win.
    I didn't bid, therefore I didn't win, just wanted to watch.
    The lots went for about $8 an ounce over spot. Definitely enough to get my attention. I could potentially off load a lot of silver really quickly with minimum leg work and the math would be easy to figure out.
    That's a few weeks ago when silver was down, between $20 and $21 an ounce. All the big sellers are/were doing no minimums, free shipping and if you buy enough you can get in under $4 an ounce over spot most places.
    I'll have to see if I can catch a consignment auction next time the price is kind of high, only like high 20s for the spot price. Put down about 30 pieces of rando silver left over from the big sell off and see what happens, just as an experiment. I'll make sure I'm there so if someone is going to get it at or near spot that person is me and I'm out the auction fees.

I think it's old people spending their retirement checks.
    An M1 garand sold for $1,000. If I was going to buy it I would have been replacing at minimum the barrel and at least refinishing if not replacing stock. It was basically a parts kit that was still "a firearm" with a shitty stock... IMO it was a $400 to $500 gun.
    A Chinese sks they used to sell for $90 in the 1990s, $600.
    A universal M1 carbine with a couple mags, $800.

Gator 45/70 and mysterymet like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7