1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Semi Auto MP5 22LR

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by E.L., Apr 28, 2008.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

<table cellpadding="1"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left">http://www.impactguns.com/store/892756002007.html

GSG5, Semi Auto MP5, 22LR, Scaled Down Rifle, 22 Rd Mags

</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> [​IMG] </td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="100%"> Price: $499.99
    <small> Manufacturer: GERMAN SPORT GUNS
    Manufacturer Item #: GSG5
    Impact Item #: 892756002007
    <!-- [​IMG] Extra shipping charge
    --> Out of stock: Taking orders now Accepting orders.
    <nobr> <!-- ADD TO CART --> [Add to Cart] [Add to Wishlist] [View Cart] </nobr>
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="left">
    Fixed Stock Version
    System: Semi-Auto
    Caliber: .22 lr HV
    Magazine capacity: 10 or 24 rounds
    Weight: 4.9 lb
    Length Over All: 26.7 inches
    Barrel Length: 7.7 inches
    The GSG-5 in cal. .22lr is a product of German Sport Guns (GSG), with its location in Ense-Höingen / Germany.
    The GSG-5 was designed and constructed by a team which use 3D Cadcam Technology.

2. E.L.

After shooting the real deal this weekend this looks like a fun, viable, and cheaper alternative. The last day or so I have started reading reviews, and I will try to post the links. This weekend at the suppressor shoot Gemtech brought one out that they are selling internally suppressed, so no fake silencer, and it isn't a SBR. Unfortunately I left prior to seeing it or I would have pics. As such, I will just post the pics and links from Silencer Research.com.

"Just Like the MP-5, But in .22!"
    Here's a brief review of the GSG-5, after about a week hands-on with the rifle. In a few months when we've flogged it with tens of thousands of rounds, I'll write a follow-up to this article giving our long-term impressions and conclusions about the GSG-5, and a bunch more SBR/suppressor options. Enjoy!

3. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Can anyone give me a brief overview on what kind of hassle it takes to get a class 3? I've sort of fallen in love with the Walther P22 w/ silencer.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have reduced the hassle to writing a check by creating a living trust for purchasing NFA weapons. This eliminated the back-ground check, fingerprint card and chief LEO sign-off and now nobody knows what I got except me and the tax-man. Takes much less time to process too.
  5. E.L.

Same here, but I modified that to wanting a Sig Mosquito instead of the Walther after shooting the Sig.
  6. MikeC

MikeC Monkey+++

Living trust for NFA items -
    Can you expand on the process for this - did you create the trust on your own or through an attorney?

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

thought the mosquito had aquired a bad rep,gander had one usedfor around $400 around xmas,felt great in the hand,(not too small).(like alot of rimfires).
    but I found alot of bad comments across the web; It or a berretta 87 would be pretty cool...How about 1911 rimfire conversion kits any good?
  8. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I wanted to get one when they first came out but decided to wait until I heard reports from others on the boards before taking the plunge. Quit posting stuff I want and reminding me I'm too broke at the moment. It's my understanding that a lot of folks are still waiting for rifles that were pre-ordered months ago. Not sure if I would want the suppressed barrel, I think I'd like the option to switch cans from one gun to next. I would imagine that would just make me want more cans eventually. What do I know I'm still wanting my first suppessor.
  9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

there are a few of them listed on Gunbroker
  10. E.L.

I have read good and bad about them, but the one I shot functioned flawlessly. Buds has the threaded barrel versions for $327 delivered. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/51/products_id/50934 I like it better than the P22, and the P22 is really limited from what I read on silencerreview.com

I like the Beretta 87's but at $600-750 without the threaded barrel they don't look so good.

Some of the 1911 rimfire kits are okay, but I would rather have a dedicated .22 not using one of my 1911 lowers.
  11. E.L.

I thought that is what friends were for.

I am not sure about ordered availability, but as SC said there are quite a few on Gunbroker.

My first can is going to be a removable one I can use on a .22 pistol or 10/22. The .22 cans are the best bang for the buck. Almost silent. I also saw one can tested on a bolt .308 with subsonic ammunition that was in the same kind db range as a suppressed .22. Incredible.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary