Semper Fi my brothers,,,

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by SB21, Oct 23, 2018.

1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

[USMC]We all have days throughout our lives that we remember every year for our own special reasons. So on this day ,but in reality , it's an everyday memory , every year for the last 35 years , I remember my fallen brothers , drink a toast to them , and say a prayer for them and their families. We lost men leading up to this day , and for the months following . But on this day , 23 , Oct . 1983 , we lost 220 Marines in the Beruit Barracks Bombing. There was also , at least 21 others , Army , Navy , and Civilian Intelligence personnel, in the building on this morning. The French Embassy was hit at almost the exact same time , with them losing at least 58 military personnel.
    Some say this was the start of the terrorist attacks aimed toward the United States . This I'm not sure of , but I do know , I have read reports that , Iran , was one of the main supporters and designers of this attack. They had personnel at every turn watching this truck travel to its destination.
    So on this day , every year , I vow to never forget the heroes we have lost ,,, before and after this date.
    [salute]

Hanzo, Mountainman, Bandit99 and 13 others like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Amen, SB21... I lost a good friend who survived the attack, but was reduced to a six year old mentally and only survived three years afterward...a statistic that was never counted.

Semper fi!

Motomom34, sec_monkey and SB21 like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Respect.....

[​IMG]

4. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Semper Fi
    To all our active duty, veteran's and lost brother's at arms..THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice!

oldman11, Zimmy, duane and 3 others like this.
  5. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Semper Fi !!

oldman11, Zimmy, duane and 3 others like this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

There is an accounting of these men , but very seldom get their recognition.

oldman11, Zimmy, duane and 1 other person like this.
  7. duane

duane Monkey+++

Neighbor's son was out of the barracks on duty that night and didn't die. Lost all of his friends, got out of the Marines, came home, was never right or at peace and a few years later on this date rejoined them. Not listed in the official numbers, but in my mind his death is just as much the fault of the terrorists as those who died that day.

oldman11, Motomom34, techsar and 3 others like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I met a man one day at a tire dealership . We were both getting tires on our vehicles. We got to talking , and he was an Air Force pilot , flew one of those big transport planes. He said on that day he flew in from somewhere that I don't remember . He was to fly survivors to Germany for treatment. He said Isreal had offered to take the survivors and help treat them . But because of some political reasons , this didn't happen. He said many of these guys died on that long trip to Germany , versus a 20 minute or less flight to Isreal .

9. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Semper Fi ! Do or Die

oldman11, techsar and sec_monkey like this.
  10. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Semper Fi

oldman11, sec_monkey and techsar like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7