Senate Hearings on Gun Control...

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by BTPost, Jan 30, 2013.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

In my Opinion, I have little issue with ones Politics, or Opinions, even if it is 180 from my own... Where I get REALLY Ticked OFF, is when they (Politicos) use their ELECTED Position to enrich themselves, exempt themselves, and take Political Favors, from Lobbyists, from whatever political strip. These things are certainly unEthical, and should be a CRIME, that deserves Prison Terms. We elect them to do OUR Business, NOT these other things. As far as I am concerned, there should be NO Money, Given, or Received, to, or by, ANY Elected Human, other than their Salary, PERIOD. Let them stand on Soap Boxes in the Town Square, and spout their Political Ideas, with the MSM giving their Spouting, Free AIRTime, and Print Space. Good enough for the Founders, Good enough for the Rest of US. Take the Money, OUT of Politics... Do in the Political Elite....

kellory and tacmotusn like this.
  2. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

I take it you're not in favor of free trips to Domrep for our friends in Congress :)

If I had a dime for every Senator's car that I saw illegally parked in DC, I could retire early. I asked one once why he thought it was OK to park like that, he told me he was on his way to vote. The answer didn't bother me as much as the fact the he said it with a straight face, like he truly believed I was stupid enough to believe him.

On the other hand I picked up a slug one time that turned out to be a Congressman, he was heading to the airport and didn't want to waste money on parking. So they are not all bad.

Edit: I guess I should define "slug". A slug in DC is kind of like a hitch hiker you pick up so you can drive in the HOV lane during rush hour. They ride for free, you get to work quicker.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

erm, nope, I meant it to be disrespectful. If I could post it on her facebook (without it being taken down) I would.

And yep, I'd say it to her face too.

I only respect those that deserve it. 98% of elected offals ? Not a chance.

Signed,

One irreverent monkey.

4. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

Well OK then, never mind and carry on. ;)

5. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Well, at least you own it...more than most people are willing to do.

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Just imagine what I might say to Zero if i met him. I'd be on a list for sure.

scrapman21009 and tacmotusn like this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

LOL ..... count me in! plus one for sure

scrapman21009 and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7