senate passes " bailout" er "rescue"bill...

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Tango3, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

74-25 s 'now what???

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Re: senatepasses " bailout er "rescue"bill...

House has to pass a bill, then it goes to conference to iron out the differences. That should create more problems. This week seems very unlikely --

3. eeyore

eeyore Monkey+++

The house passed it with a 90+ vote margin and the President has signed it already,
    http://www.wtop.com/?nid=116&sid=1481275

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

BOHICA!!

Surprises me they did it so quickly. Unintended consequences are on the near horizon. They know not what they did.

5. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

What suprised me was the DJIA droped after this was passed. Thought it was suposed to have the oppisite effect.

6. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

7. overbore

overbore Monkey++

SPENDOCRATS!!!! The damn fools spent money we do not have and can not borrow so that leaves printing paper!!! Gents, I have seen all of this in Banana Republics. Argentina and Rio--- for example

These flipping idiots think that this is how things work:

"I shot a billion arrows into the air---
    it felt good so we went home to get re-elected"
    But senator, what and who did you hit with your billions of arrows? What damages did you do?

"Well son, there was a crisis, the majority said, and the only way out was to shoot more arrows so I helped shoot"

But senator, didn't you know that your arrows landed on the innocent?

"No, son, don't go round spreading blame, we are above those nasty partisan conservative games. Our job is to spend and spend er shoot arrows and shoot arrows--- your job is to duck!"

Well, as usual they will have made safety provisions for their special class, that are above, they think, all consequences. Surprise. surprirse when their arrows of inflation cause civil unrest and social chaos. [cow]Overbore

8. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

I wonder how many arrows the Persians shot at the 300 Spartans at Themopylae? Still didn't do them a bit of good.

9. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

10. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

This is how they did it. They threatened them with martial law and the DJIA tanking. This is our local Rock station and they have been playing it every 30 mins. The rockers are pi$$ed.
    www.klbjfm.com/BDOE/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=102450 Watch the you tube video. BDOE blog. Demonacry at its finest.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7