Server Failure

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by melbo, Jul 2, 2009.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Our Host experienced a catastrophic power outage today that exceeded the capacity of the UPS battery backups. They finally got us (and 300 other servers) back online after 12 hours and it looks like we lost zero data.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I was on it all day long with the frenzied techs at the server farm.

:D:D:D

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

You are the man Melbo! I gotta admit though, you had me worried for awhile. The DT's had not yet set in but it got close until I contacted a couple members directly to ensure it wasn't just me. I thought for many long moments that maybe I had been summarily banned for releasing brown trout into the party punchbowl or some similiar hideous crime. I am happy and releived that, that was not the case. Anyway, good job working thru it and getting us back up and running! [boozingbuddies]

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

WHEW, thought maybe a bunch of men in black helo's came and took the monkey away [patr] Glad we're back up!:D[touchdown][touchdown]

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

A reminder to all, there is a thread at the Handloaders Bench where we can post notices, questions and contacts if SM balks for some reason like this.

Looks like melbo has done it again, full recovery. Sweet.

5. mtbkski

mtbkski Monkey++

Way to go!!!!! I had the B.O.B. on and was loading the AK's. I figured that "it" had finally happened. If Survival Monkey wasn't on the air. I figured it had to be bad.

Then I clicked another sight and it came up and I relaxed a bit. But I never did take the B.O.B. off all day just in case. Must say it was a b*tch sleeping with that thing on all night. Glad your back up and running. I guess I can take it off now.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

reiterating: Don't forget Handloadersbench.com is the "a.r.b" (alternate reconstitution board : i.e. "rally point" for lost monkeys.) in case of emergency or censorship... regain contact there.
    It was a rough thoroughly disjointed day but we are through to the other side (whew!) thanks melbo.

Coffee and muh 'monkey necessities of life!:)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7