Server Upgrades - Scheduled outage 1/4/2014 PST

Discussion in 'Technical' started by melbo, Jan 5, 2014.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Site will be offline for 60 - 120 minutes (give or take) for scheduled maintenance.

As always, please post here if you encounter problems when we come back online.

Thanks

melbo

2. melbo

Back, sorry for the extended outage

3. melbo

With the new software upgrades, we may see some of those Forbidden errors again. Please let me know if you have any problems posting

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

You don't have permission to access /threads/guns-n-girls-possible-mature-content-guns-mandatory.35015/add-reply on this server. I started this thread. Now can't respond in mere text to a post. Me thinks there are bugs in this soup

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I couldn't get the whole site so I didn't know you were upgrading till now. Thanks for all your hard work on keeping this site up to date.

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

X 2....

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

It might be good to put some type of Title/Heading above the section for quick link/tags on the main page. Looking at it initially it appears to just be a jumble of words and some sort of error. If it had a title/heading above it, that may make better sense to people that are new to the site.
    Just a thought....

8. melbo

Yes and we expected this - thanks for being the first to gripe, as usual ;)

We'll track these down over the next couple of days.

kellory likes this.
  9. melbo

If you run into a Forbidden, you don't have permission type message, please post here with:
    • The approximate time of the error (in EST time)
    • Link to the thread you were attemptimg to post to
    • What you were trying to post (Copy/paste if possible)

Again, please don't take these errors personally - it's just that the security settings have been reset and the server _thinks_ the text you have entered could be an exploit to the system. After these upgrades, we slowly ease the restrictions to a midpoint between security and usability.

10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

except for you @tacmotusn, the system really IS out to get you.:rolleyes::p

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I don't take things like this personally. I figure if you all were going to ban me you would have no issue letting me know. :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7