Setting Up a Sick Room in Your Home

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Illini Warrior, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

https://survivalblog.com/setting-up-...y-ga-rn/print/

Survival Blog submitted article back in 2014 - being revitalized today in regard to the Chinese Virus spread - excellent detail and points made ...

only thing I see missing is the installation of a drafting fan to the outside - to reduce any airborne spread of a disease into the other living space of the home >>>> along those same lines a better "door hatch" with a zippered closure would be advisable - bought in advance or DIYed from a garment bag or such ....

2. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

I moved my camper into the back yesterday and have set that up as a quarantine area.

3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

taking out any factory special cushioning or mattresses wouldn't be a bad idea - that's the tough stuff to get uncontaminated and better off burned ...
    get some cut foam or air mattresses to substitute ...

4. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Oh no, for coronavirus... ozone at 100+ ppm for 30+ minutes. You’ll need to let it cook for a lot longer with a circulation fan or two to be sure the ozone permeates adequately. Alternatively just let the camper sit for a couple weeks. The virus can allegedly live as long as 9 days so a couple weeks and you should be good.

AT

Gator 45/70, Catullus and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Yes. ..A better alternative for my situation. Luckily it has sat in storage for a couple months before I went over to pick it up.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7