1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Shadow Demon

Discussion in 'Technical' started by TailorMadeHell, Sep 17, 2006.

1. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Okay, on my computer I am running Zone Alarm Pro as my firewall. Seems it blocks a lot of stuff from infiltrating my computer and pulling out information. There is one that hits me only when I come to this site. The source DNS, whatever that means, is SHADOW DEMON. It tries to hit me from many different IP addresses. I don't know who crafted it, though it is watching this site. Don't want to spread paranoia, just a little headsup.

If you aren't running a firewall, I would suggest learning about them and trying one. No telling how much information I bled out to those leeches before I got mine. Now Shadow Demon may just be some adware, spybot or tracker thing, then again it may be a program coded by the Alphabet people to see if you need to be moved to the Domestic target list.

Just a thought.
  2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I think if you look closer at that it will read daemon rather than demon?

Shadow Daemon seems to be a small script from Sun that runs in vBullettin and keeps track of ignore lists and other settings on your account. Zone Alarm just allows you to see it. I don't think it's spyware. If you could post exactly what you are seeing, I could forward it on to vB.

shadow daemon - Google Search
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary