Share your best meatloaf recipe

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Motomom34, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Y'all know you have to serve some awesome sides with a great meatloaf main course. Gravy and mashed potatoes for sure. after that the sides usually can get iffy. How about a nice big slice of southern tomato pie? Deep South Dish: Classic Southern Tomato Pie
    and maybe something sweet after, like Mississippi Mud Cake ..... lol ...... lo cal of course NOT
    Deep South Dish: Mississippi Mud Cake

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Fresh asparagus wrapped with honey ham and fried in Olive oil

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Great post Tac, We usually do ether asparagus with sliced almonds and olive oil baked in the oven, of we do pan fried zucchini with parmesan cheese shreddings fried to a nice golden brown, or we do fresh green beans with bacon left overs and the sliced almonds. And, gotta have cheesy corn bread, or fresh baked Russian Black bread and whipped butter honey spread!!! Yum, i'm gonna have to do this tomorrow now!

Ganado likes this.
  4. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

My hubby prefers my Italian meatloaf and I use oatmeal instead of bread. I use Italian spices of course and blended with tomato soup or ketsup with 2 eggs. Salt pepper and either bacon or a spag. sauce on top whichever I feel like.

Motomom34, Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Ura-Ki you post the best food combos.... is it possible some recipes? RUssian Black bread? is that rye bread?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

There is no hard and fast recipe for the Black Bread, but yes, it is sort of rye and usually has molasses and or very fine turkish coffee grounds. Some has black cracked wheat,and some has rye wheat, and some will have chocolate powder. It all depends on the reagon, I like the Breads that are traditionally made in Odessa, heavy on the Black cracked wheat and molasses, with the coffee, and light on the rye. I will ask the Wife to post up any bread recipes you like, including Grand Father Frost ( Christmas) Crendle Bread, Sort of like hot sticky buns, but with dried fruit, and a strudel type frosting.

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Ura-Ki the recipes would be most welcome!

8. yeti695

yeti695 Monkey+

My old neighbor who was retired, when we lived in the city, made a meatloaf on a charcoal grill. I never did get the recipe, but he told me he cooked in the grill for about 4 hours low heat. It was the best meatloaf I had ever had.

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. jimLE

jimLE Monkey+++

here's one that i changed to my liking..my mom and a couple of others love it,as well..

meatloaf

1 packet of onion soup mix
    3lb's of ground meat of choice.i prefer beef & or venison
    1 large egg
    3/4 cup of milk
    3 tablespoons of catsup
    1 tablespoon of mustard
    3 tablespoons of brown sugar
    2 to 4 tablespoons of red wine vinegar

directions
    preheat oven to 350f
    mix ingredients.then mix into ground meat of choice
    then add bread or cracker crumbes to desired thickness
    then form it into a 13x9x2 bakeing/loaf pan
    bake one hour..when done,turn oven off.take meatloaf from oven .drain the grease from pan.then spread meatloaf topping over the top of it.
    put back into the oven for 5 to 10 minutes,or untill topping is to your liking....

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  1. Ganado
  2. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Mar 20, 2020, 10 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  3. sec_monkey
    Blueberry fritters enjoy (y) (y) Blueberry Fritters
    Thread by: sec_monkey, Jun 8, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Recipes
  4. DKR
  5. DKR
  6. Ganado
  7. Homunculi