"She is NOT a Bad Bear".....

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by BTPost, Jul 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I was gonna say; Tasts just like scared shitless chicken!

Sgt Nambu, 3M-TA3 and Tully Mars like this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I believe that the GOP already have....I think it's called "The Trump Administration".....methinks there are a few sidewinders, coyotes, boors and bores in that mix too. ;)

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

jim2, Gator 45/70, chelloveck and 2 others like this.
  4. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

LOL!

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

For most of us here a cougar would be robbing the cradle

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

chelloveck, 3M-TA3 and Sgt Nambu like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That lady in the article is so dumb. Last year we kept having mountain lion sightings. The local internet sight was fill with dingbats like Bree. They love the mountain lion and thought it was beautiful, on and on. I told them it was not afraid of people and could drag off a 4 year old then called the game warden.

Colorado just put down 3 bears in the last two weeks. One of the bears dragged a guy. Human DNA found on bear euthanized after attacking sleeping teenager

When I saw the title, I though this was going to be about that guy in Alaska that used to sing to the bears. He would play his guitar. Well, easy to figure out how that turned out.... bear killed him and his girlfriend.
    Timothy and Amie: Final Cries of Couple Killed by Bear His videos are interesting to watch. He really thought he had a true connection.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Timmy was a self-deluded Fool, and everyone of the Professionals, who he talked to, told him so, and counseled him to change his ways.... He didn't listen, and HE & his Girlfriend, Paid for his foolishness, with their LIVES...Dumber than a Rock...

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

When I was a 18 year old living on the west side of Portland, there was a series of Cougar attacks involving pets and several Coyotes! This went on for a few weeks and every one was ether scared or fascinated and wanted to let the cat be! This was all fine and good until a little girl was snatched out of her yard and drug off into the woods and did what a big cat does! Several of us were called in by the State to track and kill this cat! Let me tell you, the scene of death was beyond emotional, and the whole Community was in shock for months after. That cat was a State record yet to be matched.
    Like I said before, man is not the apex predator.

DKR, jim2, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  10. chelloveck

You are quite right in many respects when humans don't show the respect that ought be deserved by other predators...humans just have the knack of putting predation on an industrial basis...some just don't realise that we humans are relatively weak and defenceless when we are in a 4 legged predator's environment. It's a learning curve that many have been found not to have survived.

msscarlet and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ever wonder why one reads about all the Florida gator attacks and seldom an attack in other states that have gator populations?

Ura-Ki likes this.
  12. chelloveck

Retirees in Florida are probably a mite slower than retirees in other states. :D

Dont, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I do not let predators be .
    Especially young ones, but mature as well, bear, and cat ,even ferrel dogs.
    When there is an encounter , I do not flinch, but stand my ground , and when they begin to turn and leave ,I begin chasing and yelling at them like I'm going to kill them. ( usually armed)
    Pay very close attention to your body language ,because that is the only communications animals understand .
    Pay attention to how prey respond to predators and what their actions are , pay close attention to predator on predator ,and process their responses to one another . There are volumes of you tube video for that .
    Wide eyes display fear and expanding peripheral vision looking for an exit strategy.
    Narrow eyes imply aggression, concentrating focus on prey in anticipation of which direction prey might choose to escape muscle tension int he face an limbs, and stance backing up feeling cornered FEAR .
    I didn't have any you tube growing up, my training came from dealing with aggressive dogs, I got bit a lot being attacked from behind, and dad taught me to learn how to deal with them.
    Face the dog and act like your going to kill them throwing rocks, (if necessary) even pretend rocks you pretend to pick up, an return the attack. Dogs recognize the action .
    Deny the fear you feel inside .
    If you will not learn to control your emotions, your toast.
    Half the reason animal attacks occur, is because animals are being taught to be, by tree huggers, to be less afraid of humans, and when things get thin for them humans look more like food, especially the passive and fearful ones.

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  14. chelloveck

I think Mr Campbell hasn't quite worked out that bears and other wild creatures are not moral agents possessed of goodness or badness. Their behaviour however can be harmful to one's life and limb and can be unpredictable. If it doesn't attack a human / humans on one occasion, it doesn't follow that it mightn't do what bears do, and make a meal of a human in another instance.:eek:

msscarlet, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

all im gonna say is... dumber things have been done

[​IMG]

jim2 likes this.
  1. Sojourn
  2. Big Ron
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. arleigh
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Thunder5Ranch
  7. HK_User