She wore a hajib...

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by RightHand, Nov 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I would phrase that a little differently. I see it as 1.6 billion people that either actively want me and my entire civilization dead or are very passively aggressive about wanting me and my entire civilization dead.

I'm sure this isn't really news, folks, but Muslims don't take prisoners. Slaves, yes. Prisoners, no.

2. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Let me add in a little ditty about the fallacy of the Crusades that is often brought up as one of the reasons for this scourge. The Crusades were in fact a reaction to multiple Islamic armies trying to dominate Europe.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry I didn't reply earlier Dont. I will pull up some of my reference sights and list them a little later today.

I also want to say that I did not intend this thread to be one of either Muslim support nor condemnation or Judeo-Christian support or condemnation. My intention was to share with others the growing tendency I have found in myself to react to all members of a group in a certain way and being uncertain why I have suspended my lifelong habit of meeting individuals rather than confronting them as members of a group without any basis. While the headline Muslim faith leaves little that I can support, how do I know the young woman in the gas and grocery mart supports the headline Muslim. The answer is, I don't but I reacted as if I did.

I've been accused of overthinking because I tend to analyze details as I try to figure out the world and my place in it. I don't like knee jerk reactions and when I find myself having those reactions, I have to stop and figure out why.

Motomom34, Yard Dart, AD1 and 2 others like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

@RightHand to your original intent - I learnerd a long time ago that we humans are fundamentally all the same. We are largely a product of our environtents though each has their own internal compass. If you or I grew up inside Islam and life events dictated we might have become the cowards who committed the murders in Paris and elsewhere this weekend. People are not just individuals, we are social animals who self identify in a variety of groups from family and friends, to religions, politics, countries, fraternal organizations, etc..

We unfortunately live in one of those fabled "interesting times". A by-product of this is that group identities will tighten and there will be a great deal of polarization which has lead to friction between groups. This is survival tactic that comes from deep inside us, but the consequences on a large scale are enormous.

I put people into two different groups - living and dead. I don't trust the living until they have revealed enough of their true character to understand their motivations, but still keep one skeptical eye open. I mostly trust the dead, but can't fully trust them until they stop voting Democrat.

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I've never followed the crowd because I've never trusted where they are trying to lead me. I've lived independently my whole life, cut my own path and made my own decisions. I don't trust those trying to influence those decisions.

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I, also, follow my own path, like RH... I do my own Research, and then make up my OWN Mind, on any specific subject... It is MY Belief that when, ANYONE, is out trying to influence the population for ANYTHING, they are doing so, with an Agenda. There Agenda may be stated out front, or more likely Hidden, in the rhetoric... So I stay as far away from such Yahoos, as I can get, and if the Question is of importance to ME, then I will do my OWN, Due Diligence, and then make up my own mind, as to how I want to answer, and Act, for myself...

chelloveck, tacmotusn and RightHand like this.
  7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Despite what Faux News would have you believe, The other 1.6 billion Muslims are not ambivalent or want you and your entire civilization dead. Muslims around the world are outraged by these atrocities. And are fighting these extremists on many fronts. The Muslim countries have more "Boots on the ground" combating these animals than the US does!
    "Muslims around the world condemn terrorism after the Paris attacks"
    Muslims around the world condemn terrorism after the Paris attacks - Quartz

After 9/11 I had Muslims come up to me and apologize, with tears in their eyes for what had happened. They were deeply ashamed and embarrassed. So tell me again how moderate Muslims are remaining silent.

"In an official statement, Iranian president Hassan Rouhani called the attacks a “crime against humanity.”

"In the name of the Iranian people, who have themselves been victims of terrorism, I strongly condemn these crimes against humanity and offer my condolences to the grieving French people and government."

Indonesian president Joko Widodo condemned the “violence that took place in Paris,” and called for more international cooperation to fight terrorism.

Leaders of Arab states called the attacks immoral and inhumane. Qatar’s foreign minister Khaled al-Attiyah denounced the “heinous attacks,” adding, “these acts, which target stability and security in France are against all human and moral values.” Kuwaiti Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Sabah called the attacks “criminal acts of terrorism which run counter to all teachings of holy faith and humanitarian values.” The Saudi foreign ministry called for global cooperation to “root out this dangerous and destructive plague.”"

Remember the Jordanian pilot burned alive after being shot down and captured? A Muslim. The Kurds fighting and dying everyday in the war on these animals, Muslims. The Shia militias battling them in Iraq, Muslims. The jets bombing the shiite out of them, Saudi, Bahraini, Jordanian, Turkish, all Muslims.

You have to remember that Islam was the uniting force for the Muslim armies that conquered Arabia. Those versus quoted from the Koran are about fighting an enemy in WAR. They are not edicts to kill and enslave all non Muslims. I can cite bible versus that are just as egregious. God ordering the Israelites to kill every living thing in the cities they were conquering on their conquest of Canaan. They were ordered to kill men, women, children and even animals. Does that still apply today?

Too many people today, especially in the states are spoon fed what to believe and how to react. Like RH said, following the crowd, like the zombie hordes on The Walking Dead, just shambling along with the flow. To lazy or to brain dead to think for themselves.

8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I agree with you Minuteman. It is the kind of reaction that Daesh (isil) wants...it wants to incite persecution of Muslims in countries outside of the Middle East, that it has little to no influence in: As a recruiting strategy: for both persecutors and the persecuted. It does little good to stupidly fall for that simple, but potentially very effective strategy. Better to starve Daesh (isil) of recruits by not catching and running with the poisonous tar babies that they are throwing at us.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    RightHand likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

"Daesh" is a mild insult, much better to use it than gracing ISIL, ISIS, Al Qaida, or whatever they choose to call themselves for status at any given time. Use it uncapitalized to remove any possible way to give those slugs a way to differentiate themselves from pig droppings.

NOT applicable to my Muslim friends in Singapore and elsewhere.

kellory, chelloveck and RightHand like this.
  10. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Terrorists, extremists of any flavor who do harm to others need to be dealt with and quickly.

I believe in scratching or treating what itches most first and currently terrorists are the big itch. I do not believe in having an itch and talking to it. As applying anti-itch cream or whatever is required works a lot better than talking about it.
    Currently "we" are applying the PC approach or looking at a fresh gooey dog turd as we plan how to pick it up by the clean end.

Legion489 likes this.
  11. Tobit

Tobit Ham Extra Class

oh, the little muslim girl
    she wore a cute niqab
    her eyes were like pools of oil
    I had to make her mine

dowry was paid
    I brought her home
    but there was only one problem
    under that cute niqab
    she's got a penis

ditch witch likes this.
  12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Muhammedina Jenner?

BoonDocks_36 and Taku like this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You forgot to mention the IED, that she carried under the niqab, as well...... @Tobit....

14. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

That was funny Tobit, son of Tobiel. And if you ACTUALLY READ the Koran (as opposed to listening to what the slave masters, from both sides, tell us), probably true.

15. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Tell that to Hoffa.
    Must have changed a lot since I left the area back in early 2000. The only muzzie I recall was running a little motel off I-40 in Adrian. Might have been one over in Tucumcari too.

16. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

In '06 INS raided JB Swift's plant over in Cactus, took a good chunk of their workforce away. JB Swift and Tyson quickly began recruiting Burmese and Somali immigrants, even busing them in from Houston. So yes, things have changed a lot since 2000. The Burmese are good peeps. I'll leave it at that.

17. Minuteman

So you have actually read and studied the Koran, you know a lot of Muslims, you have lived among them and had many in-depth discussions about religion with them? Or are you just parroting what you have heard, what someone said, what you read somewhere?
    Thank you for proving my point

Ganado, chelloveck and RightHand like this.
  18. RightHand

I think that Minuteman is more than qualified in response to you since he has lived and worked in Muslim countries for as long as I have known him and that's been well over a decade. I hope you feel better after letting off a little steam. Smile at the screen :D

19. Minuteman

Well I have, unbeknownst to me, took your dare and "gone over there" and lived my life among them for over 25 years now. My wife and family joined me more than 6 years ago. My wife ran a Christian daycare out of our home for sometime. We have been members of and attended church in Cairo and in Saudi Arabia. My head is still attached. I live in a Muslim country now where the people are flabbergasted that I have to pay taxes to the US govt even though I don't live there. That the govt could actually come in and take my house and money out of the bank. They can't believe that. I have more personal freedom, freedom from govt interference, than I ever did living in the US. I have never been threatened or bothered in any way by "The muzzies. I have had them go out of their way to help my wife when she needed it, to open their homes to us and give us the best they had to offer. They are some of the most family oriented people I have ever been around.
    The countries I lived in had some of the lowest crime rates in the world. My wife could and does go alone anywhere she wants and has never had any reason to be afraid for her safety. She can walk around town at night, any part of town, and never has to fear that someone is waiting to assault her. I dare you to try that in any major US city. So when I hear people spouting off about how all Muslims want to kill us and how they are all evil I have to just shake my head and wonder at the ignorance of people who believe anything they are told if it fits their own world view and narrative. Most people want to be told what to believe, whether it is politics or religion, they are too lazy to actually study what they are being told and see if it is true or not.

And that, Mr. jack, is indeed a fact.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  20. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

@RightHand

Thank you for the post. I am guilty of some of the misplaced anger, but I do fully expect a school full of children in the US to be slaughters like the school in Beslan.

Yard Dart likes this.
  1. Asia-Off-Grid
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Motomom34
  4. Motomom34
  5. GhostX
  6. OldDude49
  7. duane
  8. OldDude49
  9. Brokor
  10. Minuteman
  11. chelloveck