She wore a hajib...

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by RightHand, Nov 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

The 76 yr old mother of my 5 brothers and sisters (and of course myself) just got remarried...she wore white. When I joked with her about it, she told me that after the 6th kid women automagically become virgins again.

BTPost, Ganado and chelloveck like this.
  2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

The brainwashing starts at childhood, be they followers of Darwinism, Humanism, Greenpeace or Liberalism...in that sense they are the same side of the one coin (ideological dogma) and have indoctrination as the common denominator (if one has any doubts about that...all they have to do is look at public school curriculum)....just sometimes though, people grow out of their childhood indoctrination...many never make it out of the bubble sadly, generally they become professors, politicians, or forum trolls.

3. Minuteman

Ganado likes this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I see that you have lost none of your touch Minuteman. But it is a poor rebuttal.... that makes little logical sense.

If brainwashing starts at childhood (and assuming that for the sake of the argument, that followers of Darwinism, Humanism, Green Peace (sic) and Liberalism are dogmatic ideologies (1) (which you have made no case to demonstrate), and further, again, for the sake of the argument, that childhood indoctrination is the common denominator in each of those ideologies, (2) even were the children indoctrinated via public school curricula, which again, you assert without supporting the claim, (3) You state that " just sometimes though, people grow out of
    their childhood indoctrination " (in, presumably Darwinism, Humanism, Greenpeace and /or Liberalism) (4) then it would logically follow that the escapees from such childhood indoctrination would not continue to be followers of Darwinism, Humanism, Greenpeace or Liberalism; but would follow some other alternative belief system(s), such as, perhaps, Creationism (or Larmarckianism, or Intelligent Design); Theism; Climate Change denialism; or Conservatism.as some possible examples. Such indoctrinational escapees would logically become, if they were professors, politicians or indeed forum trolls (or any other occupation for that matter) more likely to incorporate theological and/or mystical beliefs in their praxis as professors, politicians, forum trolls etc.

I conceded that Communism (as a secular ideology) (perhaps too subtly referenced as "hammer and sickle") could be included as an ideology that is indoctrinated from childhood, and, there is more than enough evidence to support that claim. I also concede that there are many people whom some might refer to as cultural Christians, cultural Muslims, cultural Jews or cultural (insert faith affiliation here) who were not indoctrinated (or not indoctrinated effectively enough) into their respective tradition's faith and have no actual, or only nominal belief in the theological tenets of their affiliated cultural faith tradition. They are as one SM member eloquently put it..."lip syncers" who for various reasons, just give the impression of belief.

So, in short, your attempted inversion of that part of She wore a hijab... | Page 4 | Survival Forums is a damp squib. But points for trying though.

Ganado likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

For crying out loud, Chelly. It is not very productive to regurgitate the same arguments in every thread, nor to apply dialecticism to every post.

6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I shall reply to you via PM, rather than doing so in this thread.

Ganado likes this.
  7. Minuteman

I think Chelly might have much in common with Shelly, aka Sheldon Cooper. Sarcasm seems to be lost on him. Sarcasm requires no rebuttal. Maybe we need a smiley with a sign that says "Sarcasm".

8. ghrit

We do.
    [sarc2]
    Now, back to the topic --

Minuteman likes this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Lots of hate going on after this San Bernardino shooting. Some people are off to condemn the whole race. I just cannot do that. I want to say all Muslims but a little voice keeps saying not all are radical Islamist. These shooters were allegedly living the American dream according to the leftist news yet all signs are pointing to them being Islamic terrorists. Like @RightHand's first post. I do not like the automatic response/feelings I have after these incidents.

10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm waiting to see how the Islamic community responds. My expectation is that there will either be denial or just plain crickets. I would hope they would express outrage at the attack and then proceed to clean house in their community.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@3M-TA3 I think there will be crickets. Just like the when the blacks were rioting. We saw very little response. Sort of like the Mexican issue. Where are the Hispanics that went thru the process? Why are they not calling out the illegals?

Makes me wonder what if it was a white issue, how would we respond?

Ganado likes this.
  12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Motomom34, Ganado and 3M-TA3 like this.
  13. chimo

I feel like I am caught in between two mobs of crazy people. One the one side are the usual suspects who want to blame the gun, white folk, Christians or anything but the shooters, all screaming for more gun laws, less white folk, less prayer, etc.

On the other side are people who want to start marking people by their religion, skin color, nationality, etc., round them all up and send them out of the country, into the gas chambers or just shoot em.

Are there no Americans left who actually respect our founding documents and the principles they represent with more than just fair-weather lip service?

14. ghrit

Believe it or not, there are a slew of muslims condemning the actions of the extremists, but you have to look at other than the MSM to find it. They are (rightfully) wondering why that is so.

I too find myself reacting badly to these events, more and more I just want to go into a mosque and get even somehow. As if that would do any good.

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Links please?

I agree that the MSM isn't going to show Muslim condemnation because the MSM still refuses to call it terrorism.

Edit: Here is one, but still fails to call it terrorism: California Muslims condemn ‘horrific’ mass shooting | Arab News

16. ghrit

Here is one:
    Muslim protest in Germany against jihadists | News | DW.COM | 19.09.2014
    I see occasional articles condemning the radicals here, but none today:
    Singapore - Channel NewsAsia
    By no means are those sentiments widely talked about for obvious reasons, they will attract jihadi attention. None the less, they are out there, and I think there are more that deride the radicals in private than in public. Maybe the muslim equivalent of sheep?

chelloveck and RightHand like this.
  17. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I was listening to Glenn Beck today to hear what he had to say. He talked about the politicians and their tweets about the incident. Left was all about gun control and the right was all about God and prayer. There is such a division in the country and with ever action we have a reaction but never are we all aligned. The founding documents are getting chipped away at and this is being ignored by most in this country. You mentioned principals. I swear I don't even know what the principles of this country are anymore.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  18. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It may seem as though the division is unique, widening and insurmountable but take heart, it has been so since the first settlers arrived on our shores and eventually formed "a more perfect union," perfect being a relative term.

When you consider that from the earliest days there have been groups and factions who were as violently opposed to one another as those you see today. I'm reading an interesting book right now about the Society of Friends (Quakers) settling Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard islands after being persecuted by the pilgrims on the mainland. This happened generations before the Declaration of Independence was even a thought and continued until after the states were formed and united. Quakers were killed for merely entering puritan communities.

Fast forward to the pre-revolutionary war period and those supporting independence were decidedly the minority to the point of representing a mere 3% of the total population at that time. Tar and feathers were commonly applied to those who opposed the followers of King George and vice versa as well, I imagine.

Generation beyond that came the Civil War where the division in philosophy, beliefs and the politics of property could not have been greater.

This doesn't begin to discuss the treatment and division between mainstream society and the immigrants from China, Ireland, Italy, etc through the years.

I don't think there is a period in our national history when there hasn't been a destructive chasm between people of opposing points of view. "Right" and "wrong" are not absolutes but filtered by the belief system of the holder. The winner is not the most virtuous but the one who's blood forms the first and fastest flowing river.

kellory, oldawg, chelloveck and 4 others like this.
  19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  20. chimo

My problem is that both "sides" have seemed to go off the freakin deep end into looney-toons land. As the divide between these faux political sides widens and ultimately once again turn to war, those of us stuck in the middle are going to be forced to choose a side...a choice between the lesser of two evils. As much as I'd like to think I can isolate myself and my family from having to make that kind of choice, history proves otherwise. This is how good people get caught up participating in horrific events. Using 1930-45 era Germans as an example...yeah, they could have opposed Hitler and the Nazis at the cost of being traitors to their own country, or they could have gone along, trying to avoid actual participation in their horrors...but still complicit in them by association. The "honorable" choice would most likely leave them and their families dead or imprisoned...refugees at the very least...while the nationalistic choice would have cost them their souls. No win either way.

1. Asia-Off-Grid
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Motomom34
  4. Motomom34
  5. GhostX
  6. OldDude49
  7. duane
  8. OldDude49
  9. Brokor
  10. Minuteman
  11. chelloveck
  12. Mindgrinder