Shoot now, ask questions later

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by sgt peppersass, Aug 27, 2012.

1. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

Yard Dart and tulianr like this.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Hey they got their man just like the RCMP. The got their man, men, women, children, stray pets, one American eagle, two rats, and a dove of peace. What do you want perfection? Damn, they got their man, and they didn't get shot did they. Thank you sir, sorry about your wife, oh well. America's finest men in blue! Oh Hell, we are all doomed! We are very lucky I would say that these inept clowns were not armed with select fire MP-5s. Can you imagine the body count. LEOs feel free to jump in and tell us how you feel about this. Suspect challenged at 8 to 10 feet. Pulls weapon, and before suspect can fire a single shot, Barney Fife and Goober get off 16 rounds. A total of 3 which hit their intended target. Sad, really sad!

wrc223, tulianr and sgt peppersass like this.
  3. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

at that range and having less than 1/5 of your shots landing on target is horrible. Nevermind that your backdrop is civilians.

4. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

At least Andy only let Barney have one round at a time.Might be time for the chief to re-visit that strategy. Of course it was only citizens,oh well.

tulianr likes this.
  5. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

This is a good example of some data from Dave Grossman's book On Combat. Specifically, police officers are notorious for poor shot placement, while many juvenile shooters are very accurate. Grossman specifically compares the school shooting in Paducah Kentucky where a 14 year old fired 8 shots and made 8 hits (head and upper torso) to the Amadou Diallo shooting (also by NYPD) where officers fired 41 shots at close range and made only 19 hits. He theorizes this is because of how they train. Many officers qualify semiannually shooting at non-reactive paper targets while juvenile shooters train on Call of Duty (reactive, lifelike targets with extra points for head shots). Cops should play video games.

6. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Even when giving the benefit of the doubt, I still cant wrap my head around it. That is well below piss poor. I would be ashamed to call myself a cop if I couldnt hit anything with the weapon that could save my life and the life of the people I was entrusted to protect.
    I know things are way different when being shot at (having been on the recieving end of gunfire, I know) but the guy did not fire a single shot at the cops and there were two with semi auto pistols, neither one of them could control the situation with a couple well placed shots?

tacmotusn likes this.
  7. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Just waiting for the trial when those cops get fired and the city gets the biggest lawsuit in the history of lawsuits. Which I see this as a legitimate reason for a lawsuit. Who fields these untrained idiots? Pencil whip much?

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

New York City, that is the "Who".... and the Taxpayers get stuck with the Legal Bills, in the end.....

sgt peppersass likes this.
  9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Yep, major lawsuit coming......

....Dang, there goes the Chief's new batch of SWAT goodies, maybe get them in next year's budget.

10. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Naw, they will still get them this year......along with a few APC's and a couple heavy "rescues". The lawsuit wont be settled for a few years. We dont have to worry about it till then!!

11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Lawsuit? Pshaw, Insurance companies will settle out of court with a gag clause. It will just be cheaper to pay them off then to have it tried in court, and if they are true NYC types, they'll settle and be able to actually afford a apartment in the city close to central park.

12. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

These officers had never shot their weapon in the line of duty. I would suggest they maintain this level of marksmanship so I don't have to worry about Barney when the SHTF. To bad for the civilians caught up in the shooting- but the .gov will look at it as a good lessons learned excersise!!
    [gun2]

oldawg likes this.
  13. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

good thing I play a lot of shooting games and get to the range a couple times a week :)

14. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

That's the difference between police officers and cops who are just there for riding the clock. You put in your hours on shift and then go home to watch desperate hoe-bags on TV. A police officer may be tired after shifts though they do make time in their days to go to the range or the gym. They understand to keep the edge, you have to stay on the edge. Apathy and lethargy will not make you better at anything.

sgt peppersass and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7