Shortage on Canning Supplies

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by Motomom34, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I got hundreds of lids(both sizes) and ,at least, a hundred canning jars...cause I'm a prepper!

HK_User likes this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

This is the wrong time of year for MT jars ---

HK_User and SB21 like this.
  3. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Every single year during canning season jars, lids, and rims are hard to find. This season just a little worse dues to the plandemic. More hobbyists canning jars of jellies for gifts out of boredom. An tons of new canning people from fear.

4. jimLE

jimLE Monkey+++

i went to the canning section at a Walmart in Jacksonville tx. for cheese cloth .during my primary shopping trip this month.they were low on canning supplies.and out of most of all sizes of jars, out of labels, low or out of lids n rings.no cheese cloth in the caning section.so i went over to the sewing section and got some that's 36 in wide and 16 yd.'s long.and it's reusable.

SB21, HK_User and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

hello.... its fall harvest is in... canning supplies are always low this time of year.... they maybe a bit lower than usualy because people are waking up AND this is relatively NORMAL for this time of year.

Anyone who cans regularly knows this is not the time to stock up on canning supplies. wait till november

Brokor, HK_User and reconprepper like this.
  6. reconprepper

reconprepper Monkey

I bought up several hundred tattler lids years ago and haven't looked back. They work well and are reusable. Granted if you drop or break a jar you cant replace those unless you have enough stock piled.

Motomom34 and HK_User like this.
  7. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Time is of the essence for me, it's easier to just buy canned goods and be done with it. Considering my work load, I barely have personal time. Yeah, canning supplies are hard to find. Canned food is plentiful here.

SB21, Motomom34, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7