Shot heard around the US

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Motomom34, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Someone posted this to my FB account: Not sure why they want to do this but...

April 19th, 2014... 12 NOON Eastern Standard Time
    Every gun owner in the USA is asked to fire their weapon at the same time. Spread the word, share everywhere.

10002919_503471813092391_1650745621_n.

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

awareness! The shots heard across the nation.
    I can hear the follow up now. WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT? CALL 911

JABECmfg, chelloveck and Mike like this.
  3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

12 noon pst would be more appropriate (12 - 3) across nation, vice, 9am - noon.

I think I will rip through one magazine rapid fire with my AR-10 and with my AR-15

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    Motomom34 likes this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Way to early for this Old Alaskan to get out of Bed...... and if I called 911, some idiot in Anchorage, (600 miles away) would answer, and not have a clue where to send "Help".....

Yard Dart and Dawg23 like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

My family is getting excited. The kids are hoping we will hear others shoot. I let one of the neighbors know and they are on it. It will be interesting.

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Great way to get arrested for discharging a firearm within city limits, and that would frighten most of my customers, if I pulled a gun and ripped off a few shots. I'll pass, thanks.:(

tulianr likes this.
  7. firekey

firekey Monkey

oh, too lazy to drive to the edge of town? Firecrackers would serve the same purpose, with no trip to the range, no worries about stopping a bullet safely.

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is true, if you live within city limit you will probably get a visit from SWAT.

9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'll be there....it will be the Nerf Gun shot heard all around Australia! My neighbours will probably just think ..."Chelloveck's ginger beer home brew bottles have exploded...yet again!" and roll over back to sleep.:rolleyes:

10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

If they visit my place, I will ask them 2 questions. One, do you have a warrant to serve? and, two, since you don't have a warrant, can you read? You are trespassing! Get off my property. No crimes being committed here except by you guys! Yes, I heard gunshots, I was firing my rifles on my target range into a safe backstop. That ends the conversation, unless you would like to sit down and have a beer, or if no beer then maybe you would like to shoot for score for a wager? Otherwise, go away.

11. kellory

Lazy? Nooo. Frugal. I'm not losing two hours of the middle of.my work day for a fine minute demonstration. (And fire works can be bought here, owned here, but not used here. To do so would result in a visit from the po-po, and a stay in the houskow.) NO.

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Man, Ohio sucks. What a bunch of useless nuts (buckeyes). Don't get your dander up. I am fully qualified to make these statements. I was born there many many moons ago. I went 1st thru 12 there. I entered the service from there in 1967. I am glad to be elsewhere!

chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  13. -06

-06 Monkey+++

LOL, breaking out an old Mosin or maybe the potato gun. You might like my "tater gun"--3" bore six foot section of truck drive line.

Mountainman, tulianr and Motomom34 like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@-06 Propelled with propane?

15. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Now the tater gun sounds like good times......[winkthumb]

16. Yard Dart

Why not do it on a Saturday at say noon PST.... that way we are not scaring the heck out of the neighbors at 9 AM......
    9 AM shots around here will draw a response..... noon= someone will just think we are getting the weekend going.... there is a difference.

BTPost likes this.
  17. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Yeah I would do a Saturday at noon.

kellory likes this.
  18. firekey

firekey Monkey

shots from a gun will get the cops called a LOT faster than fire crackers,and if enough people do it to make them worth joining, cops will be WAY too busy (and scared) to be bothering anyone about firecrackers.

19. Yard Dart

And you suspect the sheep in general know the difference in a firearm or firecracker... you give them to much credit....:rolleyes:

Sapper John likes this.
  20. kellory

Horse feathers. They will go for the easy arrest first. Less trouble, and numbers make them look good.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7