SHOT show

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by melbo, Jan 16, 2006.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Anyone going? I've tried to go for the last 6 years but was never important enough to get pass'... Have a maybe possiblity of getting a chance to go next month. Not sure if I can swing it on short notice though.

ANyone else?

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Wish I could, maybe next year with advance notice. I have always wanted to go. :cry:

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Next yr is in Orlando I hear

4. E.L.

Where is it this year?

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Hadent heard of it. What is it a big gun show or full auto shoot or what?

6. E.L.

The SHOT show is basically the firearms industry's annual convention. New products (there's that word again Melbo) are shown for the first time from the factories, there are lots of presentations, not to mention every gun magazine sends their writers there to show their customers what the newest and greatest guns and accessories are. It is the BIG deal every year in the firearms industry. Last year I listened on the radio as Tom Grisham visited booth's and talked to industry reps during Grisham's "Gun Talk" radio show. For us regular guys, getting the opportunity to go is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Bring us back some pics Melbo! Please! Oh, and not just of AR's and Glocks........... [peep]

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ahhh...ok.

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'll be in Las Vegas at the same time it's going on but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get a pass...didn't think I was going or I'd of seriously considered trying harder. There's a custom knife show going on at the same time (well sort of). SHOT starts earlier...Thursday and the knife show starts Friday. But they are held very close to each other on the strip.

Oh well, no biggie.

Ask Valkman...he knows more.

Oh that reminds me...I'd better go book my room (told you this was a last minute thing). [cof]

9. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I've has SHOT paasses the last 2 years and didn't go because my feet usually go really bad this time of year. This year I'm going to the knife show only starting Thursday - there's a pass that gets you in on Set-Up day and that's when all the good stuff disappears.

Book your room? Thought you were staying here! :p

10. TLynn

You're comment about not moving until noon made me think maybe I should get a room? I want to see everything I can my friend...last time I was in Vegas I was 5 or 6 and it was the middle of a a snowstorm. Of course as I recall I ended up with a lot of silver dollars (real silver dollars). :lol:

11. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It was in Orlando a few years ago.....Nice place there...(2 or 3 yrs ago??)

and it's warm..... :D

12. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We're going to get you to the show early Saturday - one way or another! b::

After the show Friday depending on how tired everyone is we were going to show you to the best Mexican place around.

13. TLynn

Valkman, I decided to splurge...okay maybe oversplurge. I'm booked at the Luxor for one night (it cost more than my plane ticket down to Las Vegas). Love you hon and love your wife for agreeing to put me up...but I have this really bad problem about being beholden (or stranded) to people and it reared it's ugly head once again. I can't stop the feeling or paranoi and it was getting worse and making it impossible for me to get any sleep. Solution was to just get a room and stop the voices in my head. :lol:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7