Shot Spotter- Acoustic Sensors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Nov 7, 2013.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Naw, they just posts signs and fine folks for extra bullets. It makes more money.

oldawg likes this.
  2. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

We used them in Iraq. They weren't very effective.

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Did you use them in the urban environment and if so was there an installation issue or just crappy software? I think it is an interesting topic as they will only try to refine the technology and in time implement it everywhere... which means when the shtf we need to know how to avoid/counter that technology.....

4. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Yes, we used them in an urban environment. One that I think would provide more favorable conditions than some place like Chicago or NYC (Garmah/Al Kharma). I don't think it was an installation issue, and we used them for both mobile and stationary applications. I would guess it was a software issue--I just knew that about all we really knew is that a shot or shots had been fired in the vicinity. But that wasn't really news. I would think that it would be pretty easy to just overwhelm the system if you had a few friends. Come to think of it, I'm not sure the Iraqis/Iranians weren't doing just that.

oldawg and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

We had talked in the past, of using diversions such as multiple shooter in areas to distract

oldawg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7