Shotgun

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by TraumaHawk2011, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I have a Mossberg 500A PG with a 20" barrel. I always bring it along and lay it out for others to see when I go shooting. If they show any interest I always offer them a shell. :D
    So far over 90% shoot the dirt in front of the target. I've done this for about 10-12 years and to be honest, the percentage is higher than 90%.

Although YMMV, I suggest practicing often.

As they do less damage and I own the home; I've always planned on using #4s. :D

As many of the "experts" aren't too keen on 9mm and FMJ which is what the war fighters use; what can I say... ;)

munchy, at home defense ranges there isn't much of a pattern. ;) I've popped a few coyotes in the yard. So far, cylinder bore and #4s work right well to the wood line.
    As the forest is thick here, nothing works reliably after the wood line.

Guit_fishN likes this.
  2. Truman

Truman Monkey+

Install a laser gun sights in a shotgun can shoot accurately to prey, and I think that can certainly increase your sense of accomplishment.

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

...or could show other bad guys exactly where you are between the time you turn on the laser and fire.

You should try it without the laser...I think you'll find the shotgun is very forgiving as far as accuracy as long as you have it pointed in the right direction.

sgt peppersass and oldawg like this.
  4. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

if the plstic safety breaks, does it make the gun not function or can it still fire but cant have the safety on? I grew up learning your finger is the best safety.

5. smithcp2002

smithcp2002 Monkey+++

What a wealth of info. It is all personnel choice "when allowed". in the house, halls and rooms #4 and #6 with the mod choke. Less wall pass though. Outside OO and slugs all the way. 4 and 6 are great for rabbit and birds.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7