Shotguns Available

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by jim2, Jan 2, 2021.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Appears to have been removed by customers here.

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

two local big box stores were completely out of ammo, all of it. 40x4 feet and 20x4 foot sections, nada.
    Both were out of AR mags (except some of the knockoff clear ones) and a crap ton of glock mags.
    2 lgs .. 17 HMR, 22TCM and 3 boxes of clays for a 20 guage between the 2.
    Gun store in the big city 30 miles away? Only if you are buying a gun can you purchase ammo 2 box limit. Or renting a firearm to use on the range.

something is coming because 2 weeks ago, there was tons of shotgun bird shot and mags.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

What? You lost my phone number?

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You know,I have a couple of these MEC contraptions...Maybe I can dump birdshot and put bigger be bes?

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Swap mass for mass, same metal for same metal.
    If it fits it ships.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

The brass 410 shells, Anyone know if a wad is needed or just run the B.B's down the tube?

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No top wad, bbs fall out. No bottom wad, odds are the pellets will mix with the powder and you get inexplicable results.

Gator 45/70, mysterymet and VisuTrac like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Oh yeah,Knew that,But after reviewing the 1 youtuber vid,I knew one needs a bottom packing to keep the powder down and a top to keep the bb's in,Between these 2 there is normally a plastic wad about 2 in.long,It seems that with a brass case this is omitted.
    I have for some reason 75 brass pieces, Uses LPPrimers too, Gasket material works just fine it appears.
    probably could use a sharpened 45/70 case or 444 case as a round punch.

9. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

The "plastic wad" has nothing to do if there is a "bottom" packing, and isn't needed no matter the material of the hull if there is some kind of stuffing over the powder. In fact, in modern loads, it serves, more than anything else, to keep the "bottom wad" from tilting, to say it's a seal. Modern wads are one piece, as I'm sure you know, and usually provides a cushion to control pellet deformation.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Today I'm doing a primer recovery mission,Gently removing primers from rounds I have no pew pew for...Damn those white cap waves and low side board boats !

techsar and oldawg like this.
  11. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Better watch your fingers,those primers might hurt. I wouldn’t know.
    [flag]

techsar and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I bought the last 100 pack of 28ga at my local walmart, also it was the last box of any kind of ammo.
    1 because I have a 28ga.
    2 just to be a dick.

Gator 45/70 and techsar like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Some poor lil kid is probably out there crying his/her little eyes out because there's no 28 gauge on the shelf....and they cant go hunting.....

VisuTrac likes this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I really think people were just buying them because they were there.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Anything boolit related can be traded or sold effectively for the last 6/9 months

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Just was in a place that had boxes of 22mag,pallets of 12 ga 10mm, steel case 223 ,400 dollar Austrian Hi-points trade ins
    Piles of police recovered pistols' Big bore 450 stuff
    Shotguns and rifles
    Not going to make this public,But if you type in Gander you may find it yourself....lol

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7