Should you wear a mask?

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Airtime, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

And fog your glasses.

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If you have had coved wearing the mask is much more important to you.
    I have had it,
    2. For those of you that do not pay attention when you breathe out side in the cold, you release a Fogg when you exhale, what do you suppose that is? When you blow against a cold glass window, what is that you see?
    Cold or not it happens continually, see it or not it happens continually, unless your dead.
    3. The virus does not begin to show symptoms for about 2 weeks, so how in your infinite wisdom know you are not spreading the virus?
    4. It does not take constant exposure, you can pick it up by opening a common door. you touch your face or shake hands with some one, you are a spreader. a manure spreader. may as well have dipped your hands in the septic tank and gone right to dinner.
    Come to think of it that might be safer, at least the symptoms don't take that long to show up.
    The mask is to protect others from you, because you can't prove you are not infected.

Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  3. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Isn’t that no BS? I’m supposed to wear safety glasses full time, a mask of course, actually perform manual labor and think with my head at the same time. The world has gone mad.

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I tried wearing one of my Depends diapers over my face, But those things are really hard to breath thru ?
    I do like wifies Victoria Secrets step-ins, Thinking I'll look good in Black or Blue ?

5. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

And yet human nature has already predicted that a good majority of peeps won’t be diligent because they don’t care about others so.....We going to take that sip of Starbucks, Willy Nilly wear a mask with zero training, not disinfect and the list goes on and on. Typically the Dummies at the top are reading out of a book instead of living amongst the masses. “Don’t cheer at the Super Bowl or amongst your family and friends” is a great example. This isn’t made up, they’re that stupid.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Picture of the Day material.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Yard Dart, VisuTrac and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Another one ,,,
    Masks=proven ineffective

Meat, Airtime and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I feel like this should be a poll.

NO!
    Masks are satanic tyranny.

9. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

But, it has worked so well.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Karens are the worst maskerbaiters by far. I wish these idiots would get it in their heads that this is just another flu and let those die that are going to die from it and the rest begin to develop antibodies. Karens don't let their progeny eat dirt, get scrapes and cuts, haven't heard of any taking their kids to play with those that have chicken pox in decades. Their little "honor students" have no focus, discipline, or ambition. The Me-now generation has taken control.

11. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

get ready

s-l1600.

12. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I would agree with you if indeed a mask captured all the virions expelled in your breath and prevented others from being infected. I would be a huge advocate.

However, I’m a science guy by career and training and that makes me hung up on the actual science.

Please watch the video in the first link in the original post. It is only a couple minutes long and very illuminating plus you can repeat the experiment yourself if you desire. Here it is again:
    Are Face Masks Effective? The Evidence.

The point: is it would seem most masks do little to nothing to capture the aerosolized particles in one’s breath as they exhale. The masks generally redirect your breath up, down or sideways and It would seem for many or most of the masks people are wearing often much of the aerosol mist in one’s breath just goes right straight through the mask. In essence you would get the same benefit by just holding your hand 1 inch in front of your face.

The video would be better if he demonstrated a properly fitting N95 mask as I believe that might show some real benefit but unfortunately he didn’t have one to demonstrate.

One other bit of info to put even more perspective on all this. It has been determined (I think it was at University of Minnesota but I probably don’t remember that right) that contracting covid can occur with an exposure as low as 300 virions. Just one minute of talking in a normal voice will put 750,000 virions into the air. If a properly fitting N95 mask (and most people don’t fit them right and none with earloops fit tight enough) trapped 95% of the aerosol particles, one minute of talking would still inject over 37,000 virions into the air.

Have fun.
    AT

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  13. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Not many will understand the above ,,
    My pos blue ones have all been free to me since I see them outside , i load up and will not wastes my money

Meat, Airtime, oldawg and 1 other person like this.
  14. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

actually I may be looking forward to my mask come Sunday when the high is 5 degrees and the low is -4

Well and I haven't got sick yet and I do wear it in public and wash the crap out of my hands

Meat, Gator 45/70 and Airtime like this.
  15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Good. Stains on the masks would probably not be socially acceptable.

16. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

OK. Kinda tongue in cheek response. Sorta.

If all these people believe your breathe can infect others. Are our farts (mucous membranes) spreaders? If so... ya'll gonna get exposed.

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Vincent might agree...

upload_2021-2-4_12-3-6.

oldawg, Meat, Airtime and 2 others like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Poor Vincent, He lost an ear.

Meat likes this.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yup, the Chinese proved it with their Covid Poop Test....

20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[worthless]

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7