Should you wear a mask?

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Airtime, Feb 2, 2021.

1. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

Not according to the latest CDC report. Mask mandates were responsible for less than a 2 percent decrease in COVID case growth after ONE HUNDRED DAYS.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook and Twitter suspended the CDC for heresy.
    [​IMG]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Mostly, I bet because 90% of the Masked, never we properly instructed on How to Wear a Mask, so it worked as advertised...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Hey where did you get that?
    I want to go rub it in some people's faces, you know people who act like the do nothing masks are the only thing keeping us from a "13 monkeys" scenario.
    I have been saying all along they don't do jack shit.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

It does not protect you from them, it protects them from you.
    It takes 2 weeks for the virus to begin showing symptoms, during that time you spread it around with out one thought.
    It is not just mask wearing, it is also hand washing a nd social distancing and not spending time in public. When you touch things other people touch, you spread it around.
    Years before the pandemic I had a job in the medical prosthetic manufacturing and every one in the clean room wore masks except for brakes we wore them the whole shift and NO one got injured from it.
    Every one of us require the services of others in one way or another, we are all part of a community,
    If you have ever stood in the cold and seen your breath it is because of the cold you see it, regardless of the cold you still emit the same fog as you exhale.
    Do you handle the dirty side of the toilet paper after you wipe your butt, Why do you handle your mask, just because you can't see any thing? Huh? well?

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The biggest thing that stopped the virus is actually going home when you are sick.
    If I just had the flu I never would have been able to take 10 days off.
    The 2 main places it spreads is nursing homes (not in FL and TX) and construction sites, where everyone is wearing masks.

6. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

That is quite questionable.

7. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

A dubious statement if ever I heard one.
    Think about this:
    If the mask protects them from you.
    Why isn't your mask protecting you from them?

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The only thing the mask might do is keep you from blowing virus 20 feet when you sneeze. It might reduce that 20 feet down to 6 feet or less.
    Note when ever they say "mask", the mask they likely tested was an N95.
    So the bs surgery masks ain't doing squat aside from trapping your spit when you talk and some of your spit when you sneeze.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

MaskNeeded.

Gator 45/70 and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

What 10 months later and still no.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I support stores that want you to wear a mask.
    that plus glasses and a hat helps ya blend.
    grey man at it's finest.

It's all you running around without the masks are the ones standing out and drawing attention to yourself. So much for your grey man tactics.

13. plumberroy

plumberroy Monkey+

Okay I didn't read everything. I did see one wrong piece of information symptoms start 3-6 days from exposure not 2 weeks . .
    I am maintenance in a level one trauma Center. I have received emails 1-2 times a week since late 2019 on covid 19 . I have been in more than 100 rooms of patients confirmed positive . I have had covid confirmed by our labs
    1st N95 are respirators and have to be fit test to be effective I've see 5-6 different N95 mask to have correct fit . Fit testing involves putting mask on putting a hood on they spray a bitter odor in hood if you can smell it try another mask type. If you have facial hair forget about the N95 you wear a PAPR look it up mini HEPA filter worn on you waist feeding a full hood . When I got covid I was wearing a PAPR gown rubber gloves . Did proper gown up and getting out of the equipment . I have worked all the way through this , I am trained on PPE needed and how to use it . Have it at my disposal . I got covid while wearing the real stuff I have ZERO confidence in surgical (simple ) mask
    For the record I've had worse colds

14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I too have had worse colds than actual covid.

15. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Wearing mask is for your safety purpose only. If the virus spreading is nil, then you can roaming free without mask, otherwise wearing mask is good for your health.

16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Wearing a mask while working in a dusty atmosphere only works if the mask is completely covering your mouth nose and eyes, because all these are entry points as well.
    Something is better than nothing, but just like quarantining, it only slows the flow of people needing the hospital so that they are not over whelmed. some were and some weren't. Eventually it is likely that every one will in some way be touched by the disease, it's just a matter of time.
    My question is , Why aren't governments around the world leveling lawsuits over this murder China has committed?
    And why are those in our government not taking responsibility for their part in this pandemic?

CraftyMofo likes this.
  17. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

There is an interesting study based on data out of Kansas that suggests masks may actually increase the probability, as much as 25%, of contracting covid. The study authors even hypothesized why. Covid is transmitted in an aerosol and while the aerosol droplets generally easily go right through in and out of most masks (excepting good fresh N95 and resperators) the mask may capture some of the aerosol droplets with the virus. This then allows the aerosol droplets to aggregate into larger droplets that are subsequently inhaled, and the larger droplets may have higher potential to infect than the smaller aerosol droplets.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    Cruisin Sloth and CraftyMofo like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7