Shoutbox

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Feb 10, 2008.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Have received a few questions about the Shoutbox at the top of the Forum.
    It should be viewable by all usergroups at the Monkey.
    Admins
    Mods
    Silverbacks
    and
    Registered Users.

The only ones who aren't supposed to be able to see or use it are those that are not registered or not logged in, (Guests), banned users and new users. ( I think it's set for 10 posts before you can use it.

If anyone here cannot see the Shoutbox, please reply in this thread. It may be that your system isn't set up to use java or flash? Not sure.

We'll work on fixing it for you.

THanks

2. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I see it fine but WG (DW) can't when she signs on. [dunno] I keep telling it just don't like her as much as it does me. [LMAO][LMAO][LMAO]

OGM

3. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

Boo Hoo Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I still cannot see it for some reason?

~Wildernessgal~

4. wildernessgal

Btw, it started doing this last weekend for some oddball reason which is unknown to me... and hasn't returned since??? I think that it's some sort of CONSPIRACY!!!!! lol

~W~
    (who looks forward to seeing it once again as I am starting to go through withdrawels... ha,ha,ha)

5. wildernessgal

It was turned off in the User CP -->Settings and Options --> Edit Options -->(Scroll all the way down to the last box) -->Chatbox on/off

6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

If you are reading this and can see the little chatbox at the top of the main page of the forum, post something there for us. It seems that a few are having problems still and I want to nail it down.

I know a few of you used to post a quick note there before we changed it and now that we don't see you, I wonder if you can access it or not.

thanks

7. MO titmouse

MO titmouse Mrs monkeyman

I cant see it and Im on monkeymans computer. He checked the profile options but couldnt find an option box for it.

8. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I've lost my shoutbox option (this doesn't have anything to do with my posting corny jokes, does it?).

:)

9. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

[ROFL][ROFL]

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

11. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

It's now been a week:eek: of no shouting.[angelsad]I think this is what withdrawals must feel like :(. I must wish someone a Wonderful day :) !
    Okay ~deep sigh~, If I promise to tryseesaw to cut down on corny[loco] jokes, submit to normalcy:unsure:, and drop enthusiasm[beat], can I have my shoutbox back... pleasefoosed.

No. wait. Nevermind that. I will not change who or how I am.

If you see me and I'm waving palm branches, do not be alarmed. I'm just being frondly. :lol:

Have a TERRIFIC today, Monkeys!! :)

12. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

Is the shoutbox down again or did something happen to my settings that I'm not aware of? :(

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The shoutbox has been issuing gas pains to quite a few members lately, whatever it is seems intermittent. We are aware of the problem, and I wish I could tell you what to do about it. The resident expert has been asked to have a looksee. In the meantime, I've found that closing the SM window and coming back in clears it up now and then, but it has taken up to two days for the wrinkle to smooth out.

14. RaymondPeter

RaymondPeter Simple Man

Thanks ghrit. I'll try that and hopefully it works out.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7