**Show and Tell with Blades**

Discussion in 'Blades' started by melbo, Jan 16, 2006.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Looking to see what you madmen have created in your shops this week!

:p :p :p :p :p

2. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm finishing orders but have a bunch of small skinners in ATS-34 available and 3 large Camp Knives. I plan on buying some more Giraffe Bone at the big Vegas show so I can take orders for that. I can also make larger skinners/ drop point hunters in stainless but it'll just take longer to finish them.

Other than that, I'm a happy guy. A guy with 2 of my small skinners showed one to a old-timer when they were hunting and the old guy said "This is the design I've been looking for for over 50 years!". The kid gave him the knife and told me the story. Neat! Take that Loveless! :D

3. Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack Knifemaker Founding Member

I have one in the works...I wanted to work on/finish this weekend, but was unable to...I'll be able to get "r" done this upcoming weekend.

4. Valkman

Heh. I got some super secret new handle material coming! Wonder who will get a knife with it! :p

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

What do you like and what do you want it to do (mostly)? What would be your ideal knife or set for all purpose?
    With an open question like the one up top, let me know and may have to see what can be designed. ;)

6. Valkman

Just give me said money and you'll get an appropriate knife. b::

7. melbo

Cool.

I reaally don't need anything in particular, just looking to see what was out there.

8. Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack Knifemaker Founding Member

Tease.

window shopping huh?...that's cool.

9. monkeyman

I was just kind of wondering what your preferances were. Balanced toward the tip or butt or balanced right at the hilt, single edged or double, Bowie style, drop point or what, bright shiney handle and or blade or more of a flat finish to avoid flash and glare and such, or whatever.

10. Valkman

Yea, MM, maybe he wants it "sterile" for wet work! :eek:

11. monkeyman

Nah you dont want them sterile for that stuff, you want them so they can hold something on the blade like mercury or some such to be sure if the blade dosent do it then whats on the blade will. Sheesh dosent every one know that. lol [peep]

12. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I've got a few questions before I answer that....

Purpose?.... Puncture... Chop/Sever.... Slice.... skin.... pry... dig.... hammer.... fine work....
    Overall length?... 1"... 5"....10".... Other....
    Environment?.... Outdoors... Kitchen... Shop... Job site.... corrosive... magnetic....
    Handle?... Wet... Dry... Gloves... synthetic... natural... bone... wood...rough... smooth... combination....
    Grip?... Saber.... Reverse.... Choke.... Multi....
    Weight?.... Heavy... Medium... Light.... overall ounces.... with sheath... without....
    Cutting?.... Food... Wood... Steel... Iron... multi....cardboard paper... other fibers.... game....
    Type?... Folder... type of lock... Straight... Multi-tool.... Multi Purpose
    Carry?.... on person... concealed... open.... gear... truck.... bag.... upright... canted... inverted....
    Steel?.... Stainless... carbon... High Carbon... Laminate.... Forged... mill rolled.... Non-Steel....
    Blade?.... Flat Grind, Convex Grind, Chisel Grind, conventional, serrations, traction, filework
    Hardness?... High Rockwell... Medium Rockwell... Low Rockwell.... edge... spine... tang...
    Coating?.... Hot Blue... cold Blue... TIN... Ceramic....powder.... blade... whole knife.... concealment... mirror.... exhibition.... bead blast... hand finish.....
    Guard?.... yes... no... integral... top/bottom... brass... nickel... iron... copper... retention attachment....
    Pommel?.... yes... no... integral... metal... synthetic.... trauma... hammer.... retention attachment....
    Sheath?... leather.... kydex... concealex.... friction fit... retaining strap.... stone pouch.... flashlight, multi tool, utility pouch....
    Attachment?.... belt... web... swivel... fixed... harness....
    Sharpening?... Expert... Mid... Novice... Stone... Diamond... Ceramic... Sandpaper... any available
    Maintenance?... Low... medium... High.... None....
    Guarantee?.... Fails and you dump it... Fails and you fix it.... Fails and someone else fixes it.... Fails and I fix it.... It wont fail your intended use....
    Price?.... Under $20... Under $50... Under $100... Under $500... Price not a consideration to get what you want.....
    Markings?... Steel... maker.... Logo.... none....
    Using?.... Right Hand.... Left Hand.... Ambi....
    Favorite Color?... Pink... Yellow... Orange.... Baby Blue....
    :D

13. Valkman

I know - you want one like this!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was going to send it to Bear, but heck make me an offer! b::

14. Valkman

Um, I mean I'll make you another one. :D

15. Bear

Hey Valkman..... That's fine.... Sell it to Melbo for "One Meeeeeeellliiiiiiiiooooooonnnn dooollaars".... and I'll split it the profit with you :D :D :D

16. Valkman

I always want to stick my little finger up when I say "One Meeeeeeellliiiiiiiiooooooonnnn dooollaars" :D

Hey I like that plan! All we need is Melbo's ok.... b::

17. Bear

Where the heck is that guy with his checkbook when you need him???????? :rolleyes:

18. BigUglyOne

BigUglyOne Monkey+++ Founding Member

Something like this ?

440C Stainless blank, mirror polish, cocobolo handle, brass guard, leather sheath
    100_1059__medium__110.

19. melbo

hmm, nice stuff.

I'd want at least 99.999% of that million back for the site...

nice list Bear!

20. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If you build it..........he will spend.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7