SHTF 45acp FMJ or JHP?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by survivalmonkey360, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Snake Plisken

Snake Plisken Monkey+

My no. 1 choice is Corbon 200 gr JHP+P.
    I've tested most JHP's and in both my primary SIG P220 and my back up Para Warthog, these rounds work fantastic. Great energy, velocity and incredible wound patterns [gun2]
    When/if I ever go through the 100 boxes I've stored up, I'll move on to my second choice.
    Call me Snake

2. PapaSasquatch

PapaSasquatch Monkey++

.90 ACP is the better choice for self defense.
    [​IMG]

3. Kimberluvr

Kimberluvr Monkey+

I'd go with FMJ and save a box and loaded mag of HP for a "just in case"

4. Kimberluvr

Kimberluvr Monkey+

by the way, how'd those turn out?

5. JGrelle

JGrelle Monkey+++

Nothing wrong with a 230gr FMJ, I'm quite sure it would be a fight stopper & at least hurt a bit. But not wanting to find out personally

6. Bear4570

Bear4570 Monkey+++

I've shooting a 1911 for better than 40 years now and always load a 230 JHP in the pipe with the next two hardball FMJ. Got in the habit when the guns did not feed as well as they do now, But they always fed hardball. Figured if I needed another shot, hardball would do just fine.

7. GuiltyDaze

GuiltyDaze Monkey+

My .45ACP SHTF and standard defensive loads are Winchester Ranger 45 ACP 230gr T-Series RA45T

8. Resqdan

Resqdan Archangle

230 gr. JHP is in my first mag, but my backups have ball ammo, just for the SHTF situation though.. otherwise its all hollow point.

9. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

Kinda depends on if you want to make a big hole or a little one. [gun]

10. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Justmy opinion: FMJ, Job1: the gun simply has to work. He's getting two sent his direction in rapid sucession anyway. I'll bet on two fmj 100%of the time vs 1JHP, and a failure to feed.

11. XR750

XR750 Monkey+

I want Maximum stoping power I'm using JHP all the way.
    XR750

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7