SHTF Fiction

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by duane, Nov 21, 2021.

1. duane

duane Monkey+++

I was a great fan of after the event fiction. Find out that a lot of the stories I start now are dropped after a few pages. The line between fact and fiction seems to becoming ever closer together and I find that rather than being a good read, it becomes depressing. Race, inflation, collapse, violence, all seem to becoming ever more real and there seems to be no sense of any coherent way to compromise and do something constructive. A lot of comments on Kenosha and needing to change the law to meet some new goals, a law system that has developed over 4 thousand years, needs to be replaced in 30 days. Same with culture and debt.

The left and mass media have decided we need change and have convinced a lot of people to back their dreams. Hasn't worked out in past, doubt if it will work out in future. In my mind the most likely outcome is a complete collapse and 100 years from now a Muslim dominated world living under the rule of the religion and at about a 1600 standard of living and a couple billion people left on earth, 1 % who can read and write. They have both the fanatics and the long term view to pull it off.

2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Try A Man Out ofPlace.

Takes on a lot of what you talked here..

duane likes this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Or, try the 'Kelly Turnball' series by Kurt Schlichter. It's a hoot! He writes a split of the USA and how the Leftist make their utopia, with all the correct pronouns, renamed highways and airports and all the craziness these Leftist Commies are known for. It's crazy and wonderful and funny all at the same time, lots of action too.

Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
  4. DKR

Let know what you think of the book. & thanks for picking up a copy.

duane likes this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Picked up a copy on Kindle, well worth reading. Very interesting and very open ending. Looking forward to more. Good tie in with modern tinfoil hat ideas and history. Given the Zimmerman telegram and German actions in Mexico in the early 1900's and up to WW1 etc, found it very well written as to what could of happened as well as the fact that it was not a given that the US would enter WW2 without FDR and Japan forcing the issue.

Gator 45/70 and DKR like this.
  6. DKR

Thanks, I had fun writing it ... the stuff on the Eugenics movement was the prime mover or me. The Nazis took to that sh1t like a duck to water....

Gator 45/70 and duane like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7