SHTF Firearm's

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by rustyb380, Jan 7, 2012.

1. rustyb380

rustyb380 Monkey+

i have various different ammo " just in case" possible trading points.

2. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

In a SHTF scenario the best firearm is the one you have WITH you... One that's at home locked up in your safe will do you absolutely zero good if you're away from home when something happens... Other than that id doesn't really matter.. I'm an AR guy as opposed to an AK... But I'm thinking of getting an AK just to have around...

I like what Bfayer say's too.. I live in MI and 30-30 is pretty popular.. Almost as popular as 30-06.. :) .. Different parts of the Country have different needs and so different calibers are popular those areas.. In Just sayin' - you don't need a prairie dog gun in Michigan, and a .17 HMR probably ain't gonna be what you want in Alaska.. :)

Sapper John and VisuTrac like this.
  3. irayone

irayone Monkey+

The question is what will you carry if you have to backpack and bug out. Food, water purifier, camelback, clothes, cook gear, fuel, AMMO, how much can you carry?

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep. Bear in mind that the one you have/need at home may well be different than the one you need at your BOL. (And another might be best while in transit ---. Just sayin' ---)

Sometimes, one is none, and two is one. YMMV, uv cuss.

[ghrit]

5. Waz

Waz Monkey+

Where we are, we are more than capably armed, we can sling abuse, throw cuss words, give foul looks, if in real trouble give the Bird and fire a Backside moon at signs of trouble, can get Guns if you join a club and go through the rubbish of approvals, not allowed arm rested Slingshots, not allowed to even carry a pocket knife on a Key ring anymore unless work related, in our vehicles you are not allowed any form of weapon, our areas for shooting are just about completely gone, esp locally. Wanted to get one of those arm rest slingshots but Customs is confiscating them, as they won't allow any form of foldable knife, yet we can go into a surplus store and buy One of we want and at a much higher price than imports, they are in the stages of banning any and all forms of Bow Hunting, don't think we can buy cross bows anymore.
    Do we feel safer, nope, as the Crims, thugs don't need permits, they buy them black market and the decent people can't get anything for self defense.

6. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Well buy something on the black market then. I can't imagine going completely unarmed. As for slingshots, I'd bet you can make one at least as good as any you can buy. Then just don't tell anybody you have it.

7. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Ya mean every gun owner in the USA don't have at least one 30-30 Leveraction? o_O

8. Waz

Waz Monkey+

We will be attempting to make our own sling shots, as for buying a Guns, won't happen, have to have contacts with the criminal element, and that aint gonna happen lol.
    Have an assortment of Martial arts weapons here, Sai, Tonfa and a few Knives, that will be it for us.

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Where's the boomerang's ???

10. Waz

Waz Monkey+

My Boomerang Don't come back lol,

oldawg, gunbunny and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Your doing it all wrong...ccc...

12. hedger

hedger Monkey+

Obama and his merry cohorts would dearly LOVE to have the USA in the same status as you are. This upcoming (November 2012) election may well decide that and many other issues dear to those of us who truly value our hard won freedoms.

Alpha Dog and oldawg like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You know Waz...I have been thinking about your situation...I'm pretty sure one could modify a skeet throwing machine to throw rock's and boomerang's...Just say'n...

14. Frisian

Frisian Monkey

Rusty, It looks like you have a good core battery.

IMO, your need for a shotgun should Not be a high priority.

With what you have, I would add first, a back up AR and a back up handgun to your current selection.

If at some point down the road you find money to spare or a deal you can't resist then by all means pick up a good shotty.

15. Marlin

Marlin Monkey+

even a 20ga can pack recoil - I have a sis that was a competition clay bird shooter (3rd in inter-service wives back in the '70's) and a long round of practice or trials beat her up some and she was medium-large woman, fairly fit

16. 44044

44044 Monkey+++

Wish that I had a gun, all that I have is a base ball bat

17. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

pea shooter
    china berry pop gun
    wrist rocket sling shot

a new pair of adidas...

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7