SHTF gun whats your ideal gun?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by slug36, Mar 2, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Heck...I'm turning the A.C. down to 50 and putting up Christmas light's...Setting da mood...lol...

2. armysgt

armysgt Guest

If any of you had any REAL WORLD experience, you would know the best SHTF arm would be the AK47 variant. I took one off a dead VC that had a .308 hole through the receiver (probably from an M60), the commies beat it back into shape, put in new guts and tried to kill me and my buds. Nothing else even comes close; it was designed sloppy and for third world morons to "maintain". Outside 100 yards it is useless, inside the contact zone, it is bad. By all means, the rich urban survivalists tell me about the Sigs, the Herstals and the SCARs, can't wait. Me? I shoot a CAR15A2HBAR, American all the way. Go for it, Mall Ninjas, I am waiting for the bitch slap.

3. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

You know, I have been away from the Monkey a while, but I come back to this crap?

If you have any idea how much real world experience is shared among the folks that post here, from Vietnam to Afghanistan, and every place in-between, you would be a mite more respectful in your post there, Chief. An AK variant is considered one of the most reliable weapons out there. Has been acknowledged as such for years. It is also one of THE MOST recognizable weapons out there. people who have no earthly idea what an AK is see one and think "Oh, crap, a machine gun", but that does not make it the best SHTF firearm.

You shoot your souped up .223. More power to ya. Firearms are personal as cologne. Me? I am an AR-10 man. I prefer to kill, not wound. I also prefer to kill at long range. That is my preference. I have support personnel that operate the AR-15's, the Fraken Fals, the AK variants, etc. To each their own.

Just some friendly advice. Might want to double check what you write before you hit "post reply".

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

LOL...Welcome back Fal!

Falcon15 likes this.
  5. armysgt

armysgt Guest

If you put that AK in a tube, 1000 years from now it will be ready and waiting to change history. Try looking around you instead of your single-minded ideas. I love my CAR but also have 2 FAL's. Hate M14, love FAL's. Sorry to break your bubble. You folks are sooooo thin skinned.

6. Falcon15

You folks? Yeah. Sure. As far as looking around? Son, I probably have underwear older than you, and have "looked around". Experience affords me the ability to say what works for me, there is nothing single minded about that. You should get off your high horse. You may get a nose bleed up there.

7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Welcome back Falcon.

Falcon15 likes this.
  8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Well, representing the armchair commando contingent, I love my M14, like my FNFal, enjoy my Ar platform weapons, don't like the mushy feel of my G3, have to remind myself that I have to quit shooting my AKs at over a hundred yards because they are useless, my skin isn't thin just my ability to spot a knowitall asshole at distances far greater than 100 yards is right up there with some of the guys that were shooting pint bottles of tanerite this afternoon on the 200 yard range with an , oh my god...AK. best is subjective. If any of us had any "Real World Experience" , then maybe we couldn't do such things and would just follow the smart-assed advice of a geriatric police action hero.

Sapper John, oldawg and Falcon15 like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well my goodness...I see the Falcon is in flight...Welcome back...!!!

Falcon15 likes this.
  10. armysgt

armysgt Guest

What a freakin pussie. Falcon 15 you are a fraud and wimp. Try speaking from experience, not from watching SWAT videos and HALO or some other "war" game. It is weiners like you that cloud the discussion. 2 Tours, Viet Nam and Cambodia. Screw you and the horse you rode in on. TWO HONRABLES you Mall Ninja dweeb!!! I just got off the phone to one of my paraplegic buds I drug out of the bush, yeah, I have been drinking a little Scotch, just let me know where you are and I will kick your ass, you Mall Ninja worm!!! Crawl back in your hole. Damn you gutless worms, how dare you think you can even talk to me let alone contradict me. YOU weren't there, eat it weasel!

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You just stepped over the line under the CoC. This is your first warning. You won't get a second.

12. Falcon15

Mall ninja dweeb? Wow. I feel intimidated. Screw me? You are not my type. Mall ninja worm? You obviously do not know me.

13. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

I like that. It's dirty harry moose. Lol.

14. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

I'm assuming its a way to express the idea of, "Oh,crap. I don't have time to think about this anymore." Personally, I can't dig the scenerio but I sure feel the sense of immediacy you're trying to convey with the thought experiment. I'd just ask the (apparently allpowerful chumps for , "The one I have in my bug-out kit." They'd know what I meant : )

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I know this is off subject but I went into a gun shop last Friday and it was packed. The AR-15 section seemed to be doing the bulk of business.

16. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I think we had spawn of GK again. But he met the firing squad. He's now swimming with OBL.

oldawg likes this.
  17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Waste of a good bullet, but thank you Admins :)

Anyhoo, I don't know if there truly is such an item as an ideal SHTF weapon. There are so many that can fill multiple roles and do it in stride...well, perhaps this is an exercise in futility. There are some bottom-feeders (Jennings comes to mind instantly) that I would definitely steer clear of and I personally don't care much for polymer weapons, but at the end of the day it comes down to what you actually have in your possession - and works - that is the winner.

To expand on that thought, the idea of an ideal SHTF caliber really depends on your location. Some may say (and be right for they're locale) that a .22 is sufficient. If you live in an area with large predatory animals, that .22 may not be sage advise. So relax, have a cuppa joe and look at the realties of your area - then carefully consider. And keep in mind that there are common calibers that were originally designed for black powder propellant and can be loaded for a wide variety of uses...hint, hint :)

VisuTrac likes this.
  18. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

The only true way that I see of getting the ultimate SHTF weapon is to buy that, what was it TC pistol? The one that changed to many pistol, rifle and shotgun calibers. I don't know much about it other than seeing it change some. It may cover all bases. Or just buy the Death Star. Lol.

19. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Death star is backordered. Seems they've had some problems in production. Some tie fighters left although look pretty used up but with my vertigo............

TailorMadeHell likes this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Thunder5Ranch
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. hitchcock4
  9. john316
  10. oil pan 4
  11. Asia-Off-Grid