SHTF gun whats your ideal gun?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by slug36, Mar 2, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcc

pcc Monkey+

For private party sales in GA all the law requires is that you ask the buyer if they can legally own a firearm and verify that they are a GA resident. We have 3 very active gun only swap and sell boards in the state which continually keep my firearms fund running low.

I've got over 60 transactions on the most popular site, out of that less than 10 wanted me to sign a bill of sale, most only ask the two required questions, some don't ask anything, only had one that insisted that we transfer the gun through a ffl.

I watched a desert eagle I used to own change hands 4 times last year, there's a sig 229 on the boards right now that I traded for then traded off that is back up for the 6th time. Good luck tracking those.

To keep the thread on topic I would still want my aresenal ak as primary with my sig blackwater as backup (both bought private party no paperwork).

2. illbfrank

illbfrank Monkey+

I'm on board with you on this one. Those 60 grain Aguilas don't have a stretched string trajectory, but when you figure out the flight path, they have more reach than I would have thought. When they get to where they are going, they carry a lot of smack with them too. While not as quiet as the Aguila SSS round, they have some real authority. The SSS uses only primer, no powder, and only a 20 grain bullet, but they have their uses too. All I hear when I launch them is the hammer falling. That's from a Anshutz Sporter with a 22 1/2" barrel. These little cartridges will kill chickens, pigeons, and even a medium sized dog when placed properly.

These rounds, as well as CB caps, shorts, longs, and long rifles will have many applications if and when the time comes to fill the pot for supper, or pest control.

I imagine they could be useful on a human too, if placed through the jugular. Hope there is never a need for that.

3. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

I wish I had the same luck.
    Hook me up! I'm only 2 states away!

But to tell the truth, I ask for a bill of sale too.
    I'm selling one this month to a guy I'd trust my life with - sorry - bill of sale.
    You have to remember that when that gun is traced, the LEO will always come to the last known person with paperwork they have on the gun. In the case of this gun, that's me.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Yup I tend to trade in to ffls, ( I tend to lose capital);but the paper work is in somebody else's court.Somebody buys it from me and tosses it next to his wifes lifeless body, I don't want the fun of being the focus of a homicide investigation.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I bought my first gun in 1960. I will soon be 60. I have no memory of whatever happened to that shotgun. I earned the money, I handed over the money, and my father made the purchase... does that make it an illegal straw purchase.[stirpot]
    That gun was one of many that have for one reason or another passed thru my hands. I have had 2 documented house break-ins where firearms were stolen.
    If the serial number of one of the firearms that I have owned comes back to haunt me I will mentally have old timers disease, plead the 5th, demand to see a lawyer, and let the chips fall where they may.
    should guns be outlawed, I am ready to be an outlaw.
    back to the thread header, I don't care to narrow it down to one particular gun. I favor the .308 Win. and have multiple. 9mm pistols and have multiple. 22 rifles and have multiple. 12 ga shotguns and have multiple. various black powder firearms and a crossbow. other non listed firearms as well. as was said before... some may be confiscated at some point, and they may be impossible to legally obtain at some point, but odds are I will be able to lay my hands on a suitable firearm until they pry the last one from my dead cold fingers.:D

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Just a skeerdy Kat I guess:
    Afar as the topic;( I really hate this topic but I am drawn to commenting (imagine that yuk... yuk.. ) what is your definition of "shtf" ? what is "survival"?Bear Gryyls/Les Stroud or real life "Halo"?I'm not a combat soldier, walking in to the bush with a need to feed myself the .22 bolt rifle wins.

I don't believe in "zombies";and they don't believe in me... If I am sleeping in the livingroom with a 1mil candlepower rechargeble flashlight keeping the boogy woogies awayfrom the windowI I've got the wasr doublestack folder, the 1911 and/or the 870..Do I want to pickup and carry my battery ? No. Do I believe in "back pack survival"? No.

7. ItalianGator

ItalianGator Monkey+

I've been thinking that I would need a .22 LR as well, perhaps the Sig 552 (heard it is extremely reliable and accurate enough at a distance). Considering costs of ammo, I could have literally thousands of rounds of .22 at my disposal to keep most people at bay. A person getting shot even with a .22 will think again before proceeding. Those that are more determined or high on some substance will get the full force of my Beretta 92FS 9mm before they even make it through the doorway.

My thought is that one needs a system of weapons for different purposes. That Sig 552 would have many more uses and, while lacking in some firepower as far as self-defense is concerned, it's better to have that with thousands of rounds than just my 9mm with a few hundred rounds.

8. Rourke

Rourke Monkey++

I am going to provide my own definition of TSHTF - some form of collapse (economic, terrorist induced, sun spot, whatever) whereby lawlessness is evident and you are on your own to provide security for yourself, friends, family.

My Stag AR-15/M4 variant.

That's it - that is what I would want for that scenario.

Good post - it will go on forever :)

Rourke

9. XR750

XR750 Monkey+

I like the AR wepons system.
    XR750

10. BRISEYIB

BRISEYIB Monkey+

I personally like the mini for this role.

Rugged, reliable and dare I say accurate, the newer ones at least.

11. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

I like what I have, and I have what I like...Serbian made AK full auto M77B1, wooden stock, 7.62x51 and AK Sniper M91, 7.62x54, semi-auto...and few other handguns...Having AK's all my life, why should I look for something else...

12. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

beeeecuzzzz...,.. you can't get M14's? :p

13. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Now, why would I get an inferior gun?!... ;) :p
    ...I have MP40, and you doont haaavee iiit...nah, nah, nah.... :D

14. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Buuuurrrp! :) You're just jealous :)
    100_0475_small.JPG

15. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

If you make me angry, I'm calling the Pope!...so, watch yourself!... b::

16. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

White guys, with pointy hat type things.. meh.. :)

17. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Monkey+++

First and foremost would be my M21. Next would be the Mini14 almost as accurate as the XM15A2 but not as hard to clean or keep running. Working on an AK for sometime in the future.

18. Condition1

Condition1 Monkey+

I run an M1A Attached to my Jungle Pack, and a Bulgarian AK as primary.
    As a side arm my Kimber 1911 and a 4' SW 629 Mountain gun as a back up.
    The Ithica 37 can be swapped out with the AK in case I'm clearing rooms...

19. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Me with just one Gun on me!!! Thats a normal day for me, not SHTF or TEOTWAWKI. [LMAO]

20. Condition1

Condition1 Monkey+

I think you missed the OP. "SHTF gun whats your ideal gun."
    Otherwise I would have volunteered what my daily carry is.

1. AgentPickle
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Thunder5Ranch
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. hitchcock4
  9. john316
  10. oil pan 4
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid