SHTF gun

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by DesertLegion, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

My puppies.

Yard Dart, Sapper John and VisuTrac like this.
  2. Snake_Doctor

Snake_Doctor Call me Snake...

Well, puppies are good. But would they trip the intruder like my cat would?

oldawg and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  3. JLRhiner

JLRhiner Stranger in the Modern World

How'd you get a tomahawk in that napoleon?

oldawg likes this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Handle first....

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I would load it with wiener dog's.

KAS and Sapper John like this.
  6. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Have the .40 Glock bedside as it is quicker and easier to swing into action than a long gun. However, if one is going to keep a firearm bedside, one must absolutely keep at least one and preferably two very bright and reliable flashlights right next to the firearm. I have a big old mag light that can double as a club and a bright Fenix lamp. One could argue a very good light is actually more critical as it is what allows you to properly identify your target and keep from taking out a friend or loved one as well as being of critical use far more often.

AT

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

I agree Gator...all of those little dogs coming at me in attack formation would make me break and run!:D

Gator 45/70 and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

For your situation a flashlight would be nice, but in my situation with only one other person in the house plus dogs, anything else would be a target. I believe that flashlights and lasers on weapons only gives your position away unless we are talking about your type of situation. I have lasers on my AR's, but the wife and I know only to use them right before you pull the trigger. I have our house set up with strategically placed night lights to make nice silhouette targets of anyone else in the house!

Gator 45/70, tacmotusn and Yard Dart like this.
  9. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

It's a small tomahawk.

Gator 45/70 and JLRhiner like this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Louisville slugger.... gotta give the perp an even break...

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Remington 870 with 20 inch barrel and rifle sights loaded with 7 rounds OOBuck and slugs every other one. AR-15 with sling I can throw over my back barrel down and out of the way. Extra loaded mags are right there with 55 and 62gr nato loads (30 round mags but with 20 in each). P89 Ruger with spare mag in pancake slip over top of pants or belt holster loaded with 147gr federal hollow points. and if I bother to pull on my pants, which ain't always the case, my Ruger LC9 is always in a front pocket. My 1 watt led 3 D-cell is right there as well. Anyone got a couple of spare grenades I can add to my vest?

oldawg likes this.
  12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

[winkthumb]A retired Chief gunners mate through and through. A five incher in the closet?

tacmotusn likes this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Was just out doing my Due Diligence, First Shot/Sight-in Practice with the NEW Ruger 45/22 Pistol that came in the Mail, Wed......
    It only has a 3.5" bull Barrel on it, HOWEVER, it does come with a Threaded Muzzle, that is covered by a ScrewOn Nose Cap.
    two Magazine loads thru it so far, and I can do 5" groups at 30' Off Hand. Certainly good enough for local Squirrels, and Varmints.
    It took one Magazine to get it Sighted In, and it is still about 3" Low at 30'.... going to have to shim the back Adjustable Sight, or mill the Front Sight down a bit..... Trigger is sloppy, with a 1/8" take-up against the Sear, but the Sear Trip is Crisp, and Clean. Fits in my hand, almost as nice as the Browning HiPower.... Been wanting to replace a Stolen High Standard Pistol. for 15 years, but just never got around to it. The Ruger cost 3 times what I paid for the High Standard, and shoots about as well, considering It's Barrel is 1" shorter. .... ......

14. JLRhiner

JLRhiner Stranger in the Modern World

Bruce, check the rear site screw. Mine worked loose (same gun except for the threaded muzzle). Believe it was the first range trip, no more than three. It never came off completely, it just allowed the sight to move enough that it shot all over the place. Once I thread-locked it, it would clover leaf out of my ransom rest

15. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Glock 20C

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I cranked this screw all the way Out, until it stopped, and the sight is still 3" low @ 30' so rather than twist it loose, which is when it falls out because you break the LockTight on the end of the Screw, I will just shim the Rear Sight up a bit and then do a ReSight. If that doesn't bring it IN, then Milling a touch off the Front Sight is the next easiest thing to do. I have moved it up 12 " already, from where the Factory Setting was. (which was all the way Down) It is No Big Deal, just want to be looking at a good Sight Picture, Next is to put some Florescent Yellow Paint, on the Front Blade, and on each side of the Rear Slot. That works very good, and it then matches the Sights on my Browning HiPower.

JLRhiner likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7