SHTF More ammo More Guns ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Salted Weapon, Jun 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Electronic Shooting Ear Muffs <font size="2">Superior Hearing Protection and Improved Situational Awareness</font> - Electronic Ear Muffs

They already exist, and work well from what i hear, but not cheap.

arleigh likes this.
  2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

AMMO AMMO AMMO you cannot have too much. AR15s, you betcha, long range heavy barrel AR10 with proper long range optics (think 1000 yards I can hit a 2 foot square target .... then practice some more), or good long range bolt gun ditto the optics, 12 ga pump, I really like the rem 870 over the Mossberg 500 whatever for a number of reasons, but it is like the ford or chevy thing of my youth, everyone has their preference. 22lr rimfires several. they will kill deer, and men and rats and most anything in between. 50,000 - 100,000 rounds of 22lr or as much as you can afford to buy and can get your hands on. Now the reason I jumped in this conversation as someone was asking for a recommendation on a bolt gun caliber. Have any of you seen the specs on the new 6.5 x 300. It is a necked down belted magnum about the size of a 300 win mag, pushing it booolits at like 3500-3600fps. very flat shooting cartridge. okay .... I am done

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I think that the 6.5x300 is working off the shirt tails of the 17 HMR. 2550 FPS another flat shooter .
    Certainly worth a serious consideration , not necessarily a belt fed capacity though.
    May be a box fed magazine semi auto would be more enticing .
    There are a few different bullet configurations available, which mean that as targets change in an event, so can the more appropriate ammo be changed .

1. T. Riley
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. duane
  4. Matei
  5. OldDude49
  6. oil pan 4
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Yard Dart
  10. hot diggity
  11. Oddcaliber
  12. Dont