SHTF THEME SONG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SLugomist, Jan 12, 2010.

1. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Some real brilliant comments under the song there... [loco]

[lolol]

3. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

refer to my avatar..

4. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

This is an 80s classic from the Circle Jerks, made popular in the movie Repoman. This is a Melbo/Clyde favorite from our drives to highschool.

Now this one is just another classic, guaranteed not to pass the Jimmy Buffet Parrothead muster!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8B2WuudHXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8B2WuudHXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lyrics in general:

There's so many of us
    There's so many of us
    There's so many
    There's so many of us
    There's so many of us
    There's so many [x2]

[Sung]
    Let's have a war
    So you can go and die!
    Let's have a war!
    We could all use the money!
    Let's have a war!
    We need the space!
    Let's have a war!
    Clean out this place!

It already started in the city!
    Suburbia will be just as easy!

[Chorus]

Let's have a war!
    Jack up the Dow Jones!
    Let's have a war!
    It can start in New Jersey!
    Let's have a war!
    Blame it on the middle-class!
    Let's have a war!
    We're like rats in a cage!

[Chorus]

Let's have a war!
    Sell the rights to the networks!
    Let's have a war!
    Let our wallets get fat like last time!
    Let's have a war!
    Give guns to the queers!
    Let's have a war!
    The enemy's within!

[Chorus x2]
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. CRC

I think you might be surprised at the diversity of the music I own, Clyde....Motorhead....Zappa...Metallica....and a whole lot of other stuff...Heck, I have around 2000 CD's before I put most of them on my ipod....Just because I identify myself as a Parrothead does not mean Buffett is the ONLY music I listen to....I'm not a parrothead because I am a Buffett fan...In fact, I am a Buffett fan because I was a parrothead first....

And the comment I left above was not about the music...but the comments left by those on YouTube re: the video.....Some real mental giants there....and for that, I get shot the bird...Interesting.

6. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

No offense meant. I didn't read the posts by the idiots on youtube and can only imagine the stupidity of the comments. I turn that off because it detracts from the the high quality music...uh,. well, umm.......

I don't have that many CD's but range from punk to classical to country. Just not naked country punk because nobody in my family wants to see me body slamming without clothing on while sounding like a hillbilly.....no offence meant to the hillbilly's of the site.

If you are a hillbilly, then I apologize to you know for calling you a hillbilly and hope that your teeth don't fall out as fast as your sister's....who just might be your wife for all I have heard.

No I have done gone and upset the hillbillys......at the expense of the City slicker banker bastards. If you fall into this catagory you should be executed at point blank range while listening to polish polka music. That stuff sucks. Chicken dance and all.

If you are polish....well......shit, I am really pissing everyone off now.

why not waste 3 more minutes and watch how bad this polish crap really is

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UV3kRV46Zs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UV3kRV46Zs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

7. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Opps sorry CRC, I thought you were referring to what I had wrote.

again please accept my sincere apology and do not referto my avatar.

8. CRC

Apology accepted....Wondered what I said to be shot the bird... [peep]

I'm a girl, not a stupid girl... ;)

Thank you for un-birding me...[coo]

9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Interesting song - I don't care for that genre of music but the lyrics speak to more folks.......
    The comments are a hoot - much like those on any posting site for any news story - totally ignoring hte subject, going off on political or race hatred tangents, like little kids arguing - typical uneducated young people...... :rolleyes:

10. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

I won't post before 9 am again, to early to think straight.

I read some where recently that $30million was recently spent on cheese for the poor. So I guess the 5 lbs blocks of cheese are making a come back.

11. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Shiny Happy People by REM. lol.

13. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

LOL on the second one, gunbunny

14. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

15. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Good song, MinTX! I've heard this song quite a few times, but never knew who sang it until now. I went out and bought the CD this evening.

16. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

Listening to the CD as I type [winkthumb]

17. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Uprising is an awesome song. That beat is being used all over the truth and Patriot movements. Distinct. Gets your heart beating.

I'm also very fond of this little ditty!

YouTube- TheBroadcaste's Channel

Their stuff is pretty good.

Byte

Oh and Start a Revolution by Amy Allen is great too!

18. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Monkey++

19. andrew414

andrew414 Howdy.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EKHstR6ndus&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
    There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
    And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
    A time to plant, a time to reap
    A time to kill, a time to heal
    A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything (turn, turn, turn)
    There is a season (turn, turn, turn)
    And a time for every purpose, under heaven

A time to build up,a time to break down
    A time to dance, a time to mourn