Signs at the gate.

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Big Ron, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I want a sign that discourages public officials. Tweakers and other undesirables also. I need suggestions. I considered "Biosecurity-zone, entrance by appointment only."
    I want it to look official, like signs outside of Gov. property where most people would think more than twice.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

LOL, you expect people to actually read the sign? A few dead bodies of vermin at the gate in the middle of the drive way with blood spatter towards the gate entrance would be more effective.
    The stench of death may also be a deterrent.
    YMMV

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I wouldn't recommend the Stench of Death technique. Once somebody reports the smell of decomp to the police, they'll probably get all hinky and send in a swat team.

Or four.

It's never good to have hypped-up people with machine guns stacked up on your front door, all chanting "hut-hut-hut!"

A fence, a locked gate, No Trespassing signs, some Danger: Guard Dogs Free on Property signs, and a totally mangled and shredded attack dummy (with authentic-looking blood stains) ought to do the trick.

If you want to have a little fun, put one small sign on the gate with intentionally fine print:
    Warning! If you can read this sign the dogs have already seen you and are staying out of sight until they have a chance to eat you.

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I always favored human heads on the gate poles.

GOG, john316, Cruisin Sloth and 4 others like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I always liked one I saw in Michigan. "If you don't have an appointment, call for one. If you don't know the number, I don't know you well enough to give you one." (There were some position switches on the gate. That guy did not want surprises, I guess.)

Yard Dart, SB21 and VisuTrac like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

This...

[​IMG]

GOG, STANGF150, nkawtg and 6 others like this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Warning

This area is man trapped

You have been legally warned

Not responsible to trespassers.

GOG likes this.
  8. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

My neighbor near the BOL has a sign on his gate showing a frontal view of a large revolver.
    It says " Prayer is one way to meet the Lord."
    "Trespassing is faster"
    And, he does own a backhoe.

GOG, SB21 and Tully Mars like this.
  9. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

How about ....
    "Caution, rattlesnake farm. Not responsible for escapees"

SB21 and Tully Mars like this.
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I have one of these at the main gate
    [​IMG]
    along with the normal no trespassing/property is under surveillance signs every 100 feet.

Yard Dart and Altoidfishfins like this.
  11. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I prefer the abandoned house approach, with multiple neighbors on overwatch and large sneaky dogs. The only sign I have is a "Welcome" mat that's facing the wrong way. Seems to work. About the only visitor we get is the VFD solicitors.

I heard about one sign for a know snooper. Hand written and taped to the back porch window. It said simply "Smile Carl, you're on CCTV again!" Didn't matter that there were no cameras. Carl got the message.

SB21 and Tully Mars like this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. hot diggity

Does this count as a sign?
    [​IMG]

14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

that is a gate tightener lol

Altoidfishfins and Dunerunner like this.
  15. hot diggity

Yup, but it does double duty at getting the message across that you don't want to be on the wrong side of the gate.

Altoidfishfins, Dunerunner and Ganado like this.
  16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

[​IMG]

17. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[​IMG]

18. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

19. duane

duane Monkey+++

Never had much luck with signs, so far most effective things I have found is to have the Dakota Alert driveway alarm set off a flashing red light over a closed circuit tv camera in the day and with a led light at night so you can see the camera, and have the camera set up with a motion detector that has the camera follow the car or the person. Then just add a little suspense I have 3 other light setups with no camera just to keep them looking for them. To add insult to injury, the camera does work and transmits to a Raspberry Pi setup for storage. A few times when the alert goes off and I know who it is, call them on their cell phone and tell them you will be right down to open the gate. Wouldn't do anything as crude as to imply that they might get shot, but being well lite up at night in a lane between 2 fences, and seeing the target berms with the steel gongs seems to make some people a little paranoid.

Can't say the word gets around, but I have had a couple people ask me for the information as where to get the parts to build one, so I guess it does.

Dakota Alert is buried magnetic detector so deer etc don't set it off, motion detector will pick up people on foot. Living in more rural area, have advantage of word of mouth that would not work in urban area.

Sent the last kid that bashed my mailbox a video on his cell phone of him hitting the mailbox from the back of his truck, said it was a federal offense, and I would like a new mailbox. That was 2 years ago and no one has touched the new one. I didn't go to the cops. Took all the fun out of the game for them though and his dad thanked me for both not going to the cops and for "knocking some sense into the idiot"..

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    GOG, DKR and Tully Mars like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

GOG and Tully Mars like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7