Silver bullets. No- real silver bullets.

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by gunbunny, Jan 18, 2013.

1. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I just found this place: Silver Bullet Bullion™

Sounds like a deal to me, the only downside to them that I can think of would be how to determin the actual value or metal content to someone unfirmiliar with silver?

I was looking at the zero henge article about the us mint stopping their production of Liberties until they get more silver sometime by January 28: US Mint Out Of Silver Coins - Suspends Sales | Zero Hedge when I ran across a comment that had that link.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Interesting way to hide wealth in plain sight, and can not be used against you in a fight if stolen.;)

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I also just stumbled on these.

[​IMG]
    That 20MM round could be painted the proper color of blue, and hid in plain sight. Dummy, totally inert rounds for cycling in the phalanx Gatling gun look just like that.
    They are available at Northwest Territorial Mint.

gunbunny likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Price is right for 223, it would seem.

5. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

I actually have one of the NWTM .50 cal rounds on my desk at work. Most people assume it's aluminum. I do nothing to dissuade them from thinking that.

6. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Neat little video showing how they make the .45 cal 1oz pieces. A lot of work goes into making these little bullets. Now I understand why the .22lr's are 50% over spot when bought.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. kellory

Now, assume. Gov decides they need to take your guns and ammo. (Maybe you are a vet and can't be trusted with grown up toys) Now they have your wealth too.

8. bfayer

bfayer Keeper Of The Faith

I can't see it. Most dirt bags know enough to steal ammo when they see it. I don't see a reason to make silver look even more attractive to dirtbags. And before you ask, yes I do think they are dumb enough to think they are real ammo.

Also, I would rather keep silver in a form that is more negotiable in times of need.

I guess having one as a paper weight would be cool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

9. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

My .50 cal is merely a novelty and only a tiny percentage by weight of my AG holdings.

10. kellory

Oh, come on, you can tell us....it for werewolves isn't it?;)

11. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Mebbe...

12. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I saw some of those silver bullets in the coin store today. They wanted 58 dollars for the 30-06 ones. imo they are not really for saving but for novelty.

13. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

I seen them a wile back on the site i get my silver from. I prefer stackable bars or rounds, i also think these are more novelties

14. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Absolutely. They are novelties, but I couldn't pass up the combination of two of my favorite things--large caliber ammunition (replica) and precious metals. It's not like I'm going to buy 30 of them.

ghrit and oldawg like this.
  15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The .22lr is even cheaper than the real thing from the local scalpers AKA Walmart Mafia...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7