Silver price

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]
    good time to buy?

2. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

I have been buying lately but i sure do miss the days of sub five dollar silver. I remember walking into the coin store and thinking why buy a 10th oz of gold for 35 dollars when i can buy four oz of silver with a twenty dollars bill. What an idiot i was :rolleyes:

Dunerunner likes this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Me, Too!! Used to be able to go to Reno and get silver Morgan and Peace Dollars for the slots at $1 each....

I should have had a million of them!!

If silver ever gets to or below $15 an ounce I'll buy a little...

vonslob likes this.
  4. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Mwahahaha! it'll get back down there and a lot of people are gonna get soaked! A lot already have, just not as bad as Gold purchasers!
    Might want to wait till after the elections, maybe the first of the year! Just Sayin' a lot of anylists are telling people to be careful right now, I like you guys, don't wanna see ya get hurt![dunno]

5. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

I picked up 10 Silver Maples and some goji berry seeds on last payday.
    Go into your local coin store...they aint selling oz coins at spot "paper silver" prices.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I went to go buy goji berries and I think they are more expensive per pound then silver.

Any thoughts on why such a drop?

7. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Look at Oil prices! Something's Up and it ain't gonna be good! JMHO

8. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

My dad used to work at a power plant in bullhead city in the late sixties and would cross the river and get silver dollars to bring home. He remembers those days fondly.

9. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

Yes. I expect the next big stock market crash is around the corner and the smart money is/has gotten out and is waiting to make a killing when it all goes to shit.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7