Silver Shortage?

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by fedorthedog, Oct 4, 2011.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I went to buy a couple of rounds last week and there were none to be had at my local shop. Dealer said price is down, forty people a week coming in to buy and none being sold to him. Is this local or is it happening elsewhere?

2. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

plenty of silver rounds, 1 oz, .999 pure, selling on ebay for as low as $34 per oz with free shipping.
    100 oz silver bar | eBay

3. MastiffLady

MastiffLady Monkey+

I work retail, and always check the dime and quarter rolls for silver. I normally find a couple of coins a week that way. But the last couple of weeks have been dry. I've never had that happen before. I have been finding more penny spacers though.

I think more people are wising up.

4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Ebay is private citizens, not retail centers. Retail silver sales are drying up. Their supply is running low. Perth Mint has announced an outage due to silver shortage. There is a huge demand for the limited supply.

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Shortage? Well when they bring this up from the bottom.

There will be 210 Million more dollars worth floating around.

and then 2 weeks later they found this for another 20 million more.

6. pmbug

pmbug Golden Cockroach

I have been tracking the inventory of 100oz silver bars at major online dealers for a few weeks now and most everyone except apmex was sold out for over a week prior to 10/26 (apmex had some, but their inventories were dwindling). In the last few days, as the price of silver has gone back up, the dealers have regained some inventory, but the inventory still looks tight to me.

7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

local coin dealer by me is freaking swamped with ASE and Generic Rounds. Lot of people sold out around the 40+ dollar mark.

He's not buying any 100 oz. anymore cause he wound up taking a bath on them when the price dropped to low 30's.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7