1. The Topic of the Month for June, 2017 is "Organization" Please join the discussion on the forum.

Silver trade

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Nomad 2nd, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Anyone know where/how/who with I could trade a 1,000 oz bar of silver for smaller denominations?

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I doubt it, not without taking a hit. That must be one hell of a bar. I have a 10 ounce, but a 1000. Impressive looking it must be.

3. enough

enough Monkey++

while I have not used the nucleo exchange on Bulliondirect.com, you might want to check that out. It appears to be easy to use, and secure.

also, I doubt that you'll take much of a hit, as street/retail prices are WAY above spot. Maybe you could sell a couple rounds or bars first, to make sure you like how the system works.

Good Luck. I wish I was holding a 1000 oz. bar. [beer]

4. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

...I'm not holding... but I can get it cheap...

I'm checking to make sure I can move it.

5. enough

enough Monkey++

I see four 1000oz bars on ebay right now. Ranging in price from $11,595 to $15,750, or something like that.

I've dealt with some pretty large $$$ transactions on ebay and I'm okay with it. Over the years, I have done around 1000 transactions and I have only had to pursue one bad seller/bidder, and it was taken care of by paypal. I bought an $800 bike and they seller never shipped it.

The key to successful transactions on ebay are incredibly detailed postings, and EXTREMELY detailed seller's rules. I never sell outside of the CONUS, and I only take paypal now. When a large $$ sale is paid, I pull the money out of the account. I leave no way for a chargeback.

Just out of curiosity, how good of a deal are you getting? ;)

6. enough

enough Monkey++

<table class="tableRightSideFieldConainer" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td width="50%" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">[SIZE=-1] Bid [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]
    Quantity @ Price each [/SIZE] </td> <td width="50%" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"> [SIZE=-1] Ask [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]
    Quantity @ Price each [/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> <table class="standardText" width="90%" border="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right"> 50</td> <td align="right"> $11200.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> 10</td> <td align="right"> $6300.00</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td valign="top"> <table class="standardText" width="90%" border="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right"> 1</td> <td align="right"> $14145.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> 1</td> <td align="right"> $14800.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> 1</td> <td align="right"> $14900.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> 1</td> <td align="right"> $15100.00</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
    Here is what they are bidding on the small exchange board that I noted earlier.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7