Silver trade

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Nomad 2nd, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Anyone know where/how/who with I could trade a 1,000 oz bar of silver for smaller denominations?

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I doubt it, not without taking a hit. That must be one hell of a bar. I have a 10 ounce, but a 1000. Impressive looking it must be.

3. enough

enough Monkey++

while I have not used the nucleo exchange on Bulliondirect.com, you might want to check that out. It appears to be easy to use, and secure.

also, I doubt that you'll take much of a hit, as street/retail prices are WAY above spot. Maybe you could sell a couple rounds or bars first, to make sure you like how the system works.

Good Luck. I wish I was holding a 1000 oz. bar. [beer]

4. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

...I'm not holding... but I can get it cheap...

I'm checking to make sure I can move it.

5. enough

enough Monkey++

I see four 1000oz bars on ebay right now. Ranging in price from $11,595 to $15,750, or something like that.

I've dealt with some pretty large $$$ transactions on ebay and I'm okay with it. Over the years, I have done around 1000 transactions and I have only had to pursue one bad seller/bidder, and it was taken care of by paypal. I bought an $800 bike and they seller never shipped it.

The key to successful transactions on ebay are incredibly detailed postings, and EXTREMELY detailed seller's rules. I never sell outside of the CONUS, and I only take paypal now. When a large $$ sale is paid, I pull the money out of the account. I leave no way for a chargeback.

Just out of curiosity, how good of a deal are you getting? ;)

6. enough

enough Monkey++

<table class="tableRightSideFieldConainer" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td width="50%" align="center" nowrap="nowrap">[SIZE=-1] Bid [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]
    Quantity @ Price each [/SIZE] </td> <td width="50%" align="center" nowrap="nowrap"> [SIZE=-1] Ask [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-2]
    Quantity @ Price each [/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> <table class="standardText" width="90%" border="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right"> 50</td> <td align="right"> $11200.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> 10</td> <td align="right"> $6300.00</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td valign="top"> <table class="standardText" width="90%" border="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right"> 1</td> <td align="right"> $14145.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> 1</td> <td align="right"> $14800.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> 1</td> <td align="right"> $14900.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="right"> 1</td> <td align="right"> $15100.00</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
    Here is what they are bidding on the small exchange board that I noted earlier.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7