Simple hack to lose fat in my body

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by jefferson, Nov 3, 2022.

1. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

Any simple methods to lose fat present in the body.

2. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Eat less, exercise more.

jefferson, techsar and mysterymet like this.
  3. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

I lose a lot of weight by typing out long responses to BOTS online. I find that fulfilling.

4. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

[ROFL]

hot diggity and enloopious like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is called "Tilting at Windmills..." or [deadhorse]

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Catch COVID...

VisuTrac likes this.
  7. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[axe]

8. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

If actually serious, no hacks will do it, but check out Melbo’s posts on Primal Blueprint.

DKR likes this.
  9. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

For regular burning of fat, your body must enter a state of ketosis:
    Ketosis is a metabolic state that occurs when your body burns fat for energy instead of glucose.
    Fat is nothing more than glucose that could not be used while it was present in your blood, so was turned into fat, for future use. In order to use that fat, you must convince the body that it NEEDS to do so. The easiest method to do that, is to starve the body of simple sugars (glucose), forcing it to burn fat, instead.

About 6-7 years ago, I cut the four "white" carbs out of my diet:
    RICE
    BREAD
    PASTA
    POTATOES
    for ~6 months. In that time, I lost 70 pounds of weight.

The problem with that "diet", is that it's NOT SUSTAINABLE. Sooner or later, you're going to get tired of it, and want to start incorporating those empty carbs back into your eating habits.....and we tend to incorporate TOO MANY of them. Yep, I'm guilty of it, too.....and that's a big part of the reason why I gained back ALL of that lost weight!

I strongly suggest you check out a book called "Always hungry", by Dr. David Ludwig. He suggests starting out with a Keto diet, then, after your body has entered the ketosis stage, switching to more of a Paleo diet (still lower carb, but not as drastic as Keto), then, eventually, switching to something even less severe than Paleo. That's SUSTAINABLE. And that is the key, to losing it, AND keeping it off. (y)

Alanaana, chelloveck, DKR and 5 others like this.
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Natshare is correct. I did the same thing although I haven't gained the weight back - well - I have gained about 8 lbs back, I lost about 45 Ibs but I'm being pretty careful and won't allow myself to gain any more. However, if you are serious about losing weight - well - it's pretty simple, just get rid of the carbs and sugars. No alcohol, no fruit juices, no carbs period is the best way... Your body will actually go through a type of withdrawal, craving carbohydrates for about the first two weeks and then BING, BAM, BOOM. You will start feeling different. Strange thing is you won't get hungry, and the weight will start shedding off, for me it was about 5 pounds a week. Damn! I think I talked myself into going back on it for a few weeks! LOL! The hardest part is finding stuff to eat as you have to change your diet. It really isn't that hard once you get into it. The main thing is no rice, bread, pasta and potatoes and sugars. Good luck!

chelloveck likes this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

F'k giving up all the good stuff like that .
    1 hour or 5 Miles of walking per day will keep it off and that's hard fast walking,No dorking around like one is sipping tea while dodging kangaroo turds.

12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Y'all got 5 miles of dry land down there Gator?

13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ha, not where I'm at fo sho!

chelloveck, sec_monkey and oldawg like this.
  14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Since not every body responds the same to food, find out what foods your body wants. There is no "one size fits all" diet regardless of what medical and dietician dogma says.

My process:
    • If I eat it and I feel more energetic I put more of it in my diet. Food is fuel and I have identified the "good stuff".
    • If I eat it and have no change in energy levels AND it does not have other useful benefits (like dietary fiber or improves flavor) it's a waste of money so I avoid it.
    • If I eat it and I feel less energetic or sleepy then my body is storing it as fat while I feel that way. I have identified the "bad stuff" and eat minimal amounts of it.
    • What goes in must come out. If your diet is proper defecation will be as easy as urination. Also, there was no toilet paper tree in the Garden of Eden and neither has one evolved. Man is the only animal that needs to use such, with the exception of our beloved animal that eat the crap we feed them instead of what they would eat in the wild. If you use toilet paper for anything other than a spot check you are likely to need to increase dietary fiber and/or decrease carbs.
    My personal findings are 2/3 to 3/4 calories from natural fats, scant calories from non dietary fiber carbs, and the rest from protein. What works for me in the breakdown may not work for you, so find out what that is for yourself.

Really, really avoid processed fats like corn, canola/rape seed, and vegetable oils and instead use coconut, olive, and avocado oils along with butter and lard.

Avoid artificial ingredients and especially preservatives. Preservatives preserve by poisoning bacteria. They also poison you at the same time. Used on occasion they do no harm, but in today's food they are everywhere. Also avoid GMO foods. The genetic modification in and of itself is no harm but they are usually done to make them more resistant to pesticides so that more can be used to increase crop yield. Again pesticides are... poisons that in turn poison you. Bottom line is to make your own food from basic ingredients using non GMO foods grown organically. It's hard to lose fat if your body is sick. You will instead atrophy portions of your body you want to keep.

Beyond diet you need sleep and exercise that results in increasing blood flow throughout your body. Walking and swimming are likely the best ones for this along with active sports. The more you exercise the better you sleep, and the more you sleep the better results you will get from exercise.

15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My body wants all the good stuff that is bad for me… So, I have to chose and ration myself, to keep my BS in check, but every once in a while I splurge and eat what I know is NOT on my Eating Program…

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Sunnyvibes

Sunnyvibes Monkey

Fasting. Eat less calories. Burn more fat with excercise. Always consult with your doctor before doing any moderate changes.

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  17. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I lost 100 lbs over several months by
    • reducing carbs to about 20Gr a day
    • reducing overall calories to <400 calories 3x days a week
    • Riding a bicycle at least an hour a day. You need to sweat on this one.
    • Doing 200+ 'crunches' per day - usually while watching what passed for local news/sports/weather

I weighed in every morning upon rising and wrote down the weight on a grid (day/week). I wrote down how much further I had to go in order to reach my goal.
    I wrote down everything consumed, noting the carbs and calories.. It is also a good way to see what has an effect and what food is, in essence, a free ride.
    The weigh in is a solid reminder of weight lost and how close you are to the end goal.

All this writing is a good way as a means to stay on goal, the weigh in is to deny the lazy in you (this pizza won't hurt).

Good luck, anything good in NOT going to be 'easy'

18. mrghostwalker

mrghostwalker Monkey+++

I second the idea of cutting out the carbs. Americans eat way too many carbs- which end up making us fat. I cut carbs and lost 50 lbs in about 6 months.

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  19. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

I follow this method for more than 45 days.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

The Primal Blueprint took me from 235 to a stable 168-172 that I maintained for several years. My activity level took a big hit when old injuries caught up with me. Losing the ability to run (70 yard sprints on the beach, six times, every Sunday) was the worst. I could still ride my bike, but lost some of that ability before my hip was replaced. I was back on the bike enjoying the exercise again when my knee went sideways.

Through all this crap I've managed to stay right at 200. I'm getting a lot of arm exercise with my walker, but I'll be back on the bike as soon as I can.

I learned which fast food I could eat and stay on the edge of ketosis. Lots of things without buns, or real chicken nuggets. (Not McNuggets, I don't know what that is. Cut one open. You may never eat another one.) Even with these tricks the fast food has gotten extremely expensive. I eat better at home, and spend far less, so it's just a matter of discipline and planning.

I'm almost 62 and feel more like late twenties other than a couple replacement parts installed in the last nine months. I'll be back!!!

I'd recommend Mark Sisson's book The Primal Blueprint to anyone who wants to lose weight or eliminate the discomfort of hypoglycemia.

It's hard to complain about a diet of steak, chicken, fish, bacon, cheese, eggs, vegetables,
    Coffee with real cream, and fruit for dessert.
    I never changed my alcohol consumption and it doesn't seem to have affected my results.

My entire diet was best when I ate only things with three ingredients or less. You get in the habit of reading labels and you won't want to eats some of that mysterious stuff that's labeled as food.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7