single shot breech loader at wallymart ever shot one?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by homeshow, Dec 8, 2009.

1. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Not in those particular calibers or models....
    I have shot a lot of single shots from .22 short to 10 gauge.
    The best (or the worst I should say) was an old Sharps .45-70.
    Hit the target, and I was done for the day.
    ( I never shot one of those again)
    I figure a single shot is as accurate as any bolt action rifle, and wastes no energy in operating a bolt/gas piston system.
    In the 2 calibers you mentioned, I'd think they would be quite good, except, if you needed a quick follow-up shot!
    I like the .308 version, but then I'm no hunter and a lot prefer the smaller faster loads/calibers (flatter trajectories and all that).
    Bill

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Folks that own the H&R rifles like them. My only centerfire singleshot is a BRNO ZBK110 in .22 Hornet - broadly similar style and appearance to the H&R, but better looking. It's made in a variety of calibers too.

Once you get the H&R, you can have more barrels fitted to it - have to send them the action though. It's not just a matter of ordering and popping one on.

One thing to remember though - NEVER shoot surplus 5.56X45 in a .223Rem sporter rifle. Bad juju.......

4. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I have one in 223 with a 3x9 scope. Great rifle, have shot everything from varmints to deer and a 500 pound buffalo with it (behind the ear head shot). Light weight and accurate, you will not be disappointed if you get it.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7