1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

single shot breech loader at wallymart ever shot one?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by homeshow, Dec 8, 2009.

1. homeshow

homeshow Monkey++

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Not in those particular calibers or models....
    I have shot a lot of single shots from .22 short to 10 gauge.
    The best (or the worst I should say) was an old Sharps .45-70.
    Hit the target, and I was done for the day.
    ( I never shot one of those again)
    I figure a single shot is as accurate as any bolt action rifle, and wastes no energy in operating a bolt/gas piston system.
    In the 2 calibers you mentioned, I'd think they would be quite good, except, if you needed a quick follow-up shot!
    I like the .308 version, but then I'm no hunter and a lot prefer the smaller faster loads/calibers (flatter trajectories and all that).
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

Folks that own the H&R rifles like them. My only centerfire singleshot is a BRNO ZBK110 in .22 Hornet - broadly similar style and appearance to the H&R, but better looking. It's made in a variety of calibers too.

Once you get the H&R, you can have more barrels fitted to it - have to send them the action though. It's not just a matter of ordering and popping one on.

One thing to remember though - NEVER shoot surplus 5.56X45 in a .223Rem sporter rifle. Bad juju.......
  4. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I have one in 223 with a 3x9 scope. Great rifle, have shot everything from varmints to deer and a 500 pound buffalo with it (behind the ear head shot). Light weight and accurate, you will not be disappointed if you get it.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary