SiriusXM sat radio

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by stg58, Mar 2, 2013.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

A bit off subject but if you have or are going to get a SiriusXM radio there are deals on their subscription prices.
    I had their XM service for 1 year at $77 per year I had to say no when they gave me the run around not wanting to renew at $77 for my second year but they finally said yes. When my second year ran out in December they said no at their new $86 price and I did not want to screw around so it lapsed.

Since then I have been receiving mailers offering 6 months for $25, on the phone they offered me the $86 price

Their telephone customer service sucks off shore somewhere India? But they will deal if you say no and press your point.

2. Beano

Beano Monkey

I call about once a year to tell them I'm canceling because I am cutting back on household expenses.....always nets me three months free service.

3. Beano

Beano Monkey

I actually should cut it from my household expenses, but I am glued to Octane 24x7, and MLB during Summer. If they had a Minor League Baseball channel, I would be in paradise.

4. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

If XM and Sirius had created platforms that were compatible they would have twice the bandwidth and instead of duplicating the services on 2 sat networks. When the merger was approved a condition was that they create cross compatible radios. As far as I know the MiRGE was they only one produced.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7