Site Bugs? List them here. I'll get them to the Team

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

We recently updated the Forum Software and noticed some bugs. I am promised a new version ASAP and I'd like to help them out by letting them know what's wrong here.

If you've noticed anything funny, please let us know.

melbo [winkthumb]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[siren] Auto login doesn't work

[siren] Hours on line resets only when I log off, but not when I just leave
    enter or return dose not post in the shout box and you have to click the submit button

[siren] Not all links in posts are active

[siren] The unread post list does not work right. It shows numerous post that I have already read, and some I posted in.

[siren] Been having lockups, look like the missing/looking for data Windows memory loss thing.

[siren] In the middle of moving between pages, the page will lock up and then I get a MS error page that says the server is not available. I can go to other windows and they work fine

[siren] RH sent me a PM and It says I have no new messages and there are none there
    when i look

[siren] The chatbox doesn't update even when I refresh

[siren] The site's running r...e...a...l...l...y....s...l...o...w for me.
    I can't log in within a reasonable amount of time.
    Shoutbox posts aren't submitting.
    When I click anywhere, there's no assurance that I'll actually get there.
    Yesterday, I got a "Server may be busy" error, right after logging in, then kicked me out.

[siren] on Stat module edit:
    Code:
    Template->loadfile(): File ./../templates/subSilver/admin/stat_edit_module.tpl for handle body is empty
    melbo

[siren] After clicking the view posts since last visit link it showed that there were 2 pages of threads. After reading the first page and clicking on the "2" link to the second page, I got the infamous "No topics or posts met your search criteria" message.
    This seems to be a very common phpBB software problem. I get this error quite often on other boards running phpBB, but today was the first time I ever got it here.

[siren] Here’s what I got when I refreshed the Main page, after (finally) posting in the Shoutbox (using IE):
    Code:
    Could not obtain user/online informationDEBUG MODESQL Error : 1053 Server shutdown in progressSELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, u.user_jr, u.user_session_time, u.user_session_start, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip, s.session_start, s.session_page FROM (phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions s) WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1141223883 ORDER BY u.user_level = 1 DESC, u.user_jr DESC, u.user_level = 2 DESC, u.user_level = 0 DESC, u.username, s.session_start ASCLine : 483File : functions_add.phpIf you can not fix this problem,you can find help, or ask question at: http://www.przemo.org/phpBB2/

Hopped onto Mozilla, where CC’s account auto-logged in. Here’s what I got when I tried to PM you from his account:

Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/survival/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48
    phpBB by Przemo : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database.
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    [siren] Never mind...just took me 3 tries to get back here to tell you I couldn't send a PM...??

2. ChemicalGal

ChemicalGal Monkey+++

Private Messages

Hi Melbo

RH sent me an email and It says I have no new messages and there are none there
    when i look

The chatbox doesn't update even when I refresh

CG

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Who cut your hair? [touchdown] [gone]

Must be lucky, no problems that I've noticed yet. [winkthumb]

4. melbo

We had some issues today that should be taken care of.. I'll pass the rest of these along

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

The site's running r...e...a...l...l...y....s...l...o...w for me.
    I can't log in within a reasonable amount of time.
    Shoutbox posts aren't submitting.
    When I click anywhere, there's no assurance that I'll actually get there.
    Yesterday, I got a "Server may be busy" error, right after logging in, then kicked me out.
    :dunno:

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!! :)

6. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yep...everything Tracy said...If it even comes up!

It took me 4 or 5 tries to even get here this morning....?

7. B540glenn

B540glenn Should Be Working Founding Member

After clicking the view posts since last visit link it showed that there were 2 pages of threads. After reading the first page and clicking on the "2" link to the second page, I got the infamous "No topics or posts met your search criteria" message.

This seems to be a very common phpBB software problem. I get this error quite often on other boards running phpBB, but today was the first time I ever got it here.

8. melbo

From Tracy

Here’s what I got when I refreshed the Main page, after (finally) posting in the Shoutbox (using IE):
    Code:
    Could not obtain user/online informationDEBUG MODESQL Error : 1053 Server shutdown in progressSELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, u.user_jr, u.user_session_time, u.user_session_start, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip, s.session_start, s.session_page FROM (phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions s) WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1141223883 ORDER BY u.user_level = 1 DESC, u.user_jr DESC, u.user_level = 2 DESC, u.user_level = 0 DESC, u.username, s.session_start ASCLine : 483File : functions_add.phpIf you can not fix this problem,you can find help, or ask question at: http://www.przemo.org/phpBB2/

Hopped onto Mozilla, where CC’s account auto-logged in. Here’s what I got when I tried to PM you from his account:

Code:
    Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/survival/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48
    phpBB by Przemo : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database.
    Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

9. melbo

Still running slow?

10. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nope...

seems much better....

Never mind...just took me 3 tries to get back here to tell you I couldn't send a PM...??

11. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Unread posts is not refreshing and is telling me I have 23 but already read them then refreshed and it still says they are unread and its not listing a lot of the ones I havent read. :dunno:

12. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

b:: Hey! Look what I can do! [winkthumb]

I can post!!
    [applaud]

Everything seems to be loading quickly, too!

13. melbo

Go to "unread" and hit "mark all topics read"
    s for the ones you haven't read. We had to reset the Read history last week. We all lost some

14. melbo

Just got this from the Masters:
    They have a bunch fixed already and Our server changed caused a few others.

15. melbo

I'll post the * items and see what they say

16. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I just caught up on unread stuff page by page so wouldnt loose them then went and tried to mark the unread 12 posts that keep popping up as read in the unread posts thing and keep getting this message.

Session expired or session ID number is incorrect.
    Try again.

Any suggestions? I also tried logging out then back in and trying it again and it still gave the same message.

17. melbo

If I didn't have the other problems tonight , I was going to update us to the version that should fix most of this including your last issue

18. melbo

Updated. We'll start a new problem thread as they appear.
    [lock]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7