Six Week Eye Doctor Visit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Jul 15, 2016.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

This past Tuesday, Sweetie and I made the 3 hour trip to see my retina doc. He examined me and said things are coming along just fine. I still have a small bubble in my left eye that he says should be gone in 2-3 weeks. Hooray! He also said I'd have distorted vision in the left eye and the eye wouldn't stabilize for 8-12 months! Boo! Also, he said yes, I have a cataract forming, which he warned me about before the surgery (but is easily fixed when eye is ready) and I'm down to 1 eye drop med 2X/day for the next 2 weeks, then 1X/day for next week and that will be it. Yaaay!

It feels like it's been forever recuperating from this thing. I have been doing a pretty good job of staying positive....only a couple of crabby days.. but I sure am ready for it to be over. The doc says when the bubble is gone, I can go over the mountain pass to a nearby city. That feels like it'll mean freedom! :) I'm still sleeping on my side and stomach. Anywho, things are progressing in a forward manner.

Kajun

ghrit, marlas1too, Yard Dart and 7 others like this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

gratz! I 'm glad to hear you been healing. Miss those peppery posts [grouphug]

TXKajun likes this.
  3. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Good news, you're on the downhill side now.

TXKajun likes this.
  4. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Glad to hear you are recuperating well. Keep up the good work!

TXKajun likes this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Great news!! Keep up the good work! BTW, I'm crabby most of the week except for a day or two. You're doing well!

TXKajun and Ganado like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Quite the healing time (8-12 months??) but I am glad to hear that things are going smoothly, no issues and such. Thank you for letting us know.

TXKajun likes this.
  7. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

Cataract surgery is a 1 hour operation you need to go in the next day to get it checked

TXKajun likes this.
  8. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

azrancher, my older brother has had both eyes done. He said it was really quick and easy. His only complaint was that the docs wouldn't let him get it done sooner! He how has 20/20 distance vision and uses over the counter glasses sometimes for fine print.

9. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

The operation itself is about 5 minutes, but about 45 minutes prep, and they ask you about 20 times... which eye.

No pain, going to get the other eye done this year

TXKajun likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7