SKS Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by knophear, Nov 4, 2008.

1. knophear

knophear Monkey++

Post away....[beer]

Come on guys...post em...
    Show me stock ortricked out SKS's...
    The PEOPLES GUN!!!!!
    HOOAHH!

2. knophear

knophear Monkey++

3. knophear

knophear Monkey++

I guess no one uses SKS's anymore...yeah. There old, cheap, and just plain JUNKY! Who needs a crappy gun like that anyway....

4. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

There's a great SKS thread at www.surplusrifleforum.com

PS - I can vouch for the great work that Kivaari does for sks triggers!

5. kansasrebel

kansasrebel Monkey++

I have a nice yugo sks. Even though I have some weapons that are nicer I would never part with it. I've shot many deer with it.

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I haven't got my 3 yet!
    But, I'm trying to get the $ together!
    Bill

7. WestPointMAG

WestPointMAG Monkey++

Show me yours first.

8. knophear

knophear Monkey++

I haveny got mine yet. I am still trying to rake in the $$$...gonna get it soone, though. My friend is buying a Chinese today with detachable mags etc. for 245.00...Ive got one on hold from a guy @ my church for 150.00...

9. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Post up some pics when you get it and give us a range report [coffee2]

10. knophear

knophear Monkey++

I'll do that...my friend just brought his over and we blew about 40 rounds through it. Never a hiccup, and was on target every time...it Chinese, BTW. Will get pics of it soon...

11. knophear

knophear Monkey++

Ok, guys, ya'll ready? I got enuff money and bought the gun on Christmas day from the guy at my church. Its a Chinese SKS with a detachable mags and 250 rounds...I handed him the 150.00 bucks and he handed back 50.00 and said Merry Christmas...WOW! A chinese SKS with detachable mags for 100.00 bucks + 250 rounds! What a deal! Especially at times like these...i;ll post pics later..

12. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That is a deal, Merry Christmas!

13. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Congrats on the purchase and will echo that you got yourself a good deal buuuuuuut

[worthless]

14. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

The SKS was my first rifle. As soon as I turned 18. $70 back when steel core was widely available, once shot an old engine block at the gravel pit, and it put a 1/2 inch hole all the way through it! It was made in china in the late 60's. Fun weapon and used to be really cheap ammo. I'd like to get the scope mount, maybe, but a bipob would be nice also. I consider this to be the next best thing to a S(semi)AW in my budget. ALthough I normally keep the 10rnder on the sks, the detachables don't fit to nice, need to add a mag clip but don't wanna modify it.

This is how I load my ammo pouches for sks allows 110 rounds.

My new toy is the Saiga 12, semi auto shottie, got 2x20 rnd drums coming. This babies got potential.

Now if some one can tell me how to post a picture I'd sure thank them.

Late
    S

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Look below the message window, it says "attach files" then "manage attachments." Pretty much self explanatory after that. Using that method, the pic is inserted directly into the message. You can also post a link to photobucket or similar services.
    [beer]

16. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Problem is when I do that I add the jpeg pic files then click upload, the staus bar goes to full and nothing.

17. 8PW

8PW Silent but Deadly

I'm liking the Shottie.

18. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Nice toes [booze][lolol]

19. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Thanks, was digging in the yard all day.

20. knophear

knophear Monkey++

Here are some pics of me and my lil bro's shooting our new guns-a Chinese SKS, and two Rossi 20 gague/.22 combo's....
    guns 1. 022.JPG 023.JPG guns 2. guns 3.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7