SKS Sights

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by franks71vw, May 18, 2013.

1. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Any of you guys out there used SKS Scout Sights or Tech-sights on your SKS. Friends was asking but i have never dealt with them.

2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

3. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

Just an old mans thoughts...
    Item #63464 - SKS Rifle Fire Sight Set $39.95 from Williams Gun sight company
    Works great for these old eyes, I can actually acquire the front sights against ANY background.
    I purchased the Tech-sights AK-200 for my friends Ak; Peep hole is WAY to small for these old eyes. He loves it. Seems to be a little over kill to have the model 200 on the AK.
    I can only hazard a guess that it is all about your eye sight.

Gafarmboy

4. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Wanted something for better aquisition of target and also to kinda standardize the sights...

5. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Love my iron sights but like another--these old eyes need help. Used to shoot the eyelashes off flying gnats at 100 yds but now good to see the rascal at ten feet.

6. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

So I ordered some of these sights and for the life of me I can't seem to understand for what stock they might fit. Having tried the TS100 SKS sights on Chinese, Yugo, and Tapco sks stocks not a single sight works. Now for the 10/22 rail sight. I got this sight thinking that if anything I can always mount my scope back on my original rail blah blah and well after reducing the scope mount width by .020, the damn thing is still to narrow to fit on the rail grrrr. I do like the fact that they are peep sights and over all I think they have great potential but damn, cant a guy just ask for something to slap on and go and have it work... Waiting for tech sights to call me back...

7. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Got mine, a TS200, in today, installed in 30 minutes on a Chinese SKS with RamLine stock. No problems not expected. On the SKS be sure and read the "Notch" problem on the receiver on some rifles and follow the directions on line. No interference with stock at all.

Now to bust a few caps in th cool AM tomorrow.

8. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

the tang that holds the 4 set screws interfered with the tapco stock. I do like the increased sight radius and took me about 30 min to fix the stock. Now waiting for the rail for my ruger... to be continued I guess i will post pictures... but I do recommend them I need to sight the sucker in but looks right on.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7