SKS ???

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ozarkgoatman, Dec 30, 2006.

1. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I have seen SKS detachable mags. for sale but I have never seen a SKS with anything other than a box mag. that has to be loaded with strip clips. Is the detachable mag. an after market conversion?

OZG

2. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The detachables are not super reliable,and I do believe itis an after market thing. That is unless you aquire and SKS-D. That model uses AK mags:)

3. ridgerunner58

ridgerunner58 Monkey+++

I'll second that...

4. ozarkgoatman

Thanks for the reply. I take it that the SKS-D's are hard to come by :(

5. duanet

duanet Monkey+++

The SKS mags are difficult to use, hard to put in and require the removal of the floorplate which requires the diassembly of the rifle. They have a long projection forward that makes it difficult to put them in a bandoleer. When you are using them, it is difficult to use the stripper clips and the detachable magazine as an extended 20 or *** round magazine. Last but not least it raises some 922 ? questions. The assult weapon ban has sunsetted, but the importation of military weapons part goes farther back and still is there. Get stripper clips, learn how to use them and buy an extra few hunderd rounds of ammo rather than invest $100 in some magazines that almost work. Now I won't tell you how I learned that lesson and I got $20 of the hundred back at the next gun show.

6. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Or buy and AK:D The SKS is a more accurate rifle, but if you are wanting and assault style rifle go with the AK.

7. ozarkgoatman

Well an AK is what I would like but the cheap-skate in me thought maybe I could have the same for less [rofllmao]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7